Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Seeing so many different maps and different bar names already: Not all bar names are written right (so probably also not by me) and locations of bars are sometimes not well placed on maps. But as long as we get very close to perfect, it's ok. There was only 1 Nok Nok, a 2nd one I could not have survived, great To find the years of opening and closing is even a more demanding task than "just" names and locations. So when the years come by, I'll add them later. Filou is on the list, as it's name is Le Filou. Siren Bar is on the list. Thanks all for contributing, we'll get there

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I always suspected that Why Not was reflecting a famous bar in Amsterdam....and, by the way, that scene has declined almost as dramatically as Pattaya's.

I believe that Adam & Eve was considered to be the first gay bar in Pattaya, certainly the first outside Boyztown..
    Thanks - that was the bar I could not remember the name - it was in existence in 1985/86 - my first trip to Pattaya - at that time, there was no Boystown -- only Gentleman's Club and My Way on Pattayaland Soi 1 - no gay bars on Pattayaland Soi 3 (Boystown) at that time. I was told that Adam & Eve was the first gay bar in Pattaya.

Liked

“Wild West Boys” had an earlier existence before moving to the large and now empty building on Soi 2. That venue was originally “Wild West Girls” which changed its name to “Wild West Boys” and kept many of the interior fittings and a lot of the exterior stuff as well.

The original “Wild West Boys” was a small narrow bar but I can’t remember exactly where but it was in the Pattayaland area. It closed very quickly and moved to its much larger premises. I knew one of the Go Go Boys well and one of the guys who danced in the show. I used to sit with them in their changing room which was great fun. Sadly the bar went into a swift decline and is now a sad looking empty hulk.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 2nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It was near the corner of Pattayaland 2, I believe. Very narrow! The guys used to appear on the stage for dancing via a fireman's pole. Yes, really.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    It was near the corner of Pattayaland 2, I believe. Very narrow! The guys used to appear on the stage for dancing via a fireman's pole. Yes, really.
    Glad someone else remembers it. I think it was on the other side of the small Soi almost opposite the now closed Vassa Bar. I was taken there by a guy who had worked at "Tai Boys Boys" which had just closed. (Why did they spell it "Tai"?).

Liked

I believe the bar with the fireman's pole was Kawaii or its predecessor at that location?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I believe the bar with the fireman's pole was Kawaii or its predecessor at that location?
    That's interesting. Kawaii was certainly very narrow like the original Wild West Boys. I just can't remember now if the two bars were the same place.

Liked

789 Dragon, the short lived (2018-2019?) successor of Good Boys.

I once made a similar list for gay saunas in Bangkok (details on my blog). From over 40 that I found on the internet, about 30 were open when I made the list in 2016 (?), and now about 20 are left.

Whereas gay massage scene is thriving with more openings and closing than I can follow (only a side theater of war for me).

10. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 3rd, 2020)

Liked

"For Love": this one is very obscure and was very short lived. In, I'd guess, about the late 1990s/early 2000s, some entrepreneur decided to set up a gay go-go bar on Soi 6 (off Second Road, up towards Big C) - a road otherwise associated exclusively with girlie bars. Although it was fitted out quite attractively and employed about a dozen nice looking boys, it enjoyed no passing gay trade and I was always the only customer. It closed very quickly and had been so much a flash in the pan that when I looked for it on my next visit, the girls in the neighbouring bars all denied that there'd ever been a gay bar in the area at all..
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

12. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 3rd, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I believe the pole with the fireman's helmet was mine,and it was definitely in the right location!