Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Since I can't insert "new" Bars into the list, I have to keep them to myself for a while. But here are the latest: Amor GoGo (BT 3rd Soi, later restaurant,now Cupido), My Way (BT 1st Soi, later Why Not), Homex Inn (The Poolbar) Naklua, Soi 20) and SoDom for Men (no idea where) Thank you for adding

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Since I can't insert "new" Bars into the list, I have to keep them to myself for a while.
    it depends on how much further you want to take the project

perhaps have a chat with Moses - the Sawatdee Network main site has a History of Gay Thailand section, he may be able to offer some way of you keeping an updated list online there and you could post a link in this thread in the forums when there is an update

3. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 1st, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    ...and SoDom for Men (no idea where) Thank you for adding
    Position of “So Dom for Men” now purely a straight venue.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 1st, 2020)

Liked

Sunee Plaza 2012

7. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (February 2nd, 2020)

Liked

Excellent list Halycon, I can see it has been a real labour of love!
    Some suggested changes and additions below, please don't take anything I have written as a criticism, just trying to help make your list as accurate as possible

Missing Gay Clubs
    Triangle super club, Alcazar Complex - this was a temporary location for Dave Man Club,but eventually opened on its own

T&T, Soi Yensabai, started as a karaoke, but eventually became a 2 shophouse wide club and was THE location for late night pickups

The Club in Soi Lengkee, replaced T&T as the go to venue, but had their pricing model wrong, so barely lasted a year

Butterfly Karaoke Dance Club, Soi day night one, another one that started as a Karaoke but morphed into a club

Muze (same premises as I-dol club and now G-Star),this was an attempt to recreate Daveman club but ended up burning down

Hole in one, this was on Soi Buakow Market square and was another popular after hours spot around 2002-2003

Suggested corrections

There were 2 bars called Euroboys in the same location, first was a gogo, second is the current beer bar which opened some years later under different ownership

There were 2 X-Ray clubs. The second one was 2 Sois north of the original in North Pattaya

Marine, Disco duck, x-zyte, hollywood etc are straight clubs which were sometimes frequented by Gays. If they are on the list then Tumnan Issan, Sinlapin Issan and Champ Issan should all be added to the list, all of which attract (or attracted) a 50+ gay crowd

I don't think there was ever a bar called N.boys. When K.boys closed and Nice boys opened, they were too mean/poor to replace the neon sign, so they simply changed the K in the K.BOYS sign to an N so it read N.BOYS

I think Wonder bar was Wunderbar (German owners)

I think Donna Bar is called 2Donna bar?

The location of Nok Nok was in the same premises as Clubber/Jungle boys (or possibly Nok Nok had 2 locations?)

Add Home bar should be @Home Bar also sometimes written as At Home)

New Sawadee was next to 7-11 at Sunee, not in same location as Butts boys

The full name for Magic City boys was Murphys magic city boys

I'm sure I will think of other locations later, but just a quick brain dump for now

PS. If someone is in contact with Madame Jim, perhaps they can share the list with him, I'm sure he would have loads to add!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (February 2nd, 2020), Halcyon (February 1st, 2020), Vessey (March 15th, 2021)

Liked

Thanks ColmX, just great Missing Clubs, Yes. Suggested: The disco's were at least frequented a lot by me and there were so many gays Wunderbar yes, my mistake with Wonderland. Nok Nok was for sure Villa Rouge/Kaos. Nice Boys agree totally but the sign for those who don't know is N.Boys. New Sawadee was opp. Sunee Soi 2. but before it was Butts I think or otherwise another name for sure. Add / @home yes. Magic yes. 2Donna, I just walked past it before I saw your post, will soon look again

Liked

I just thought of one other "New Moonlight house" it was on second road, around the corner from X-boys current location and an updated version of moonlight

This page shows up a few more long forgotten bars from 2002
    http://web.archive.org/web/200210142...ightclubs.html
    Young Guns, Cruising Bar, Pinnochio, Aurelio's Bar, Roy's Boys @ The Sunset Lounge amonst others

Here is one from 2000:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200005102....com/main.html

And 2005:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200502150...ightclubs.html

You can similarly use the archive.org site to see archived copies of Dreaded Ned etc.

The pic blow shows that Nok Nok was next to the Marina pool - which I suppose indicates that Nok Nok had 2 locations?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

12. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (February 2nd, 2020)

Liked

There was a group of bars on the Day-Nite Plaza. I don't see World Boys (and later there was World Boys I and II). It was there a first met Rose (later mamasan at Funny Boys 2). Funny Boys first opened in Day - Nite and later added Funny Boys 2 in BT. Funny Boys 2 became just Funny Boys when bought by Panorama I believe.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thats agreat job indeed. Not wanting to settle you up with even more, but it would have been informative to quote the yrs when they were (approxx.) operating-or perhaps just (as you said it mainly comes from old Spartacus) the yrs of publications (often years behind actual closing though).
    There si certainly 1 missing/not mentioned as I have some specific good memories from it:
    FILOU (a german/berlin slang name for a young guy doing naughty things) in Sunee, for maybe 2 years shortly before 2000/2001. Bar beer, open terrrace and enclosed inside, as so many bars there. Run by an elder german gentleman. Must have the namecard at home, as I explained before will not be back home before march. But it may also have used another name, probably also german sounding.

Liked

Siren Bar - I may have missed it but I don't think anyone has mentioned the gay part of Siren Bar located at the beginning of Walking Street beside the old pier. Most of it was lady bars but there were 2 gay bars towards the back. In the middle was a muay thai boxing ring which featured amateur boxers...some quite young. One of the owners of a gay section was Pim(?) who later became the owner of the green chair bar in Sunee. If you walked past the beer bars you came to a restaurant over looking Pattaya bay.
    Attached Images Attached Images