Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Much the same in Amsterdam. And London. Blame social media and the moves towards integration.

But thanks Halcyon.... a fascinating review . Many memories recalled..
    I remember sitting in Windows (a cafe/restaurant) in HCMC, Vietnam with a good friend. This place was frequented by gays just like many other bars, clubs and such in the city. It must have been the middle of 2000 and Bluetooth was becoming popular. You could use your Bluetooth to contact boys who were near you but it would always be a shot in the dark. So we were discussing how great it would be to be able to... (well, from this point, we were basically describing apps like Romeo, Hornet, blued etc.)

I wonder how many people have been hoping for such technical possibilities and are cursing it now, just like me.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Correct. One Bar is on same side as Winner Bar but closer to Diamond Bar.
    But that is not where Lek is/was. Lek is/was opposite Skybar and Double Shot.

Liked

Madam Lek had a bar in Sunee opposite Crazy Pub named La Copa, then later changed the name to Lek's Beer Bar and moved much later opposite Sky Bar and Double Shot and named it One Bar (didn't stay there too long) and when that street was completely dark (all bars closed) moved on the same side as Winner Boys Bar and Diamond Bar.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (July 29th, 2021), vnman (July 28th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Madam Lek had a bar in Sunee opposite Crazy Pub named La Copa, then later changed the name to Lek's Beer Bar and moved much later opposite Sky Bar and Double Shot and named it One Bar (didn't stay there too long) and when that street was completely dark (all bars closed) moved on the same side as Winner Boys Bar and Diamond Bar.
    Good to know!

I was in Pattaya in January 2020, I've missed these moves.

Liked

Castro in Boyz Town is renovating. That's good news. It means that it looks like that at least the first Soi will be opening again after the lockdown, which seems to last a long time. The Covid numbers in Thailand, Chonburi and Pattaya are not good, but hope is there. I hope more bars will be ready as soon as things are close to "normal" again.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Are they enclosing their premises? Throb and Cockpit were immensely successful ; the arrival of "open" show bars and the subsequent late-night noise was an important to contribution to Boyztown losing its appeal. It certainly lost Ambiance custom, including that of P and myself.

Liked

Sorry, I don't know that yet. Will try to get an update on that and other bars as there might be a possibility that next month curfew and lockdowns are over, but that is for now a 50\50 chance. Bangkok seems to have a 70% vaccination rate but Pattaya a 7% rate, so it all depends what's happening in the coming weeks

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    Bangkok seems to have a 70% vaccination rate but Pattaya a 7% rate, so it all depends what's happening in the coming weeks
    I can't find any official statistics for Bangkok but I would be hugely surprised if the city is anywhere close to 70%. Even 30% for those with two doses seems extremely high. Bear in mind that many of the early vaccinations, especially for front line workers, were of Sinovac and these people now need another jab of a different vaccine. But I hope I am wrong.

Liked

You are right ... after 2 shots of Sinovac you need a booster like Astra Zeneca or Pfizer. But to stay at the subject: Pikky's Bar is now officially named: Pikky's Pub, not that important but just that you know

Liked

Despite an earlier mention that BuBu Bar in the Complex would be closed and the owner put it up for sale, the latest is that it will open again as soon as the lockdown of bars is lifted.

11. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 7th, 2021)

Liked

@home bar in the Complex is waiting to open and are serving coffee and other non-alcoholic drinks despite rumors that it would shot down. Zak, the owner, looked great this morning. It seems that there will be an end to the lockdown of bars in the coming month or months but at least before the New Year. Hope is there. But as we all now the rules can change here by the minute.