Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    with loud music.
    Do they ever learn???

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Halcyon (July 8th, 2021), Oliver2 (July 13th, 2021)

Liked

If there is loud music, I hope the punters stay away until they come to their senses and I hope it's behind a closed door, so the noise does not carry to the other bars.
    If Jomtien really is zoned as "residential", as is often repeated, but never proven, then the one thing they should stop is loud music. Certain bars already have the occasional unreasonably loud party.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (July 7th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    If there is loud music, I hope the punters stay away
    I certainly will.....anyway it’s a loooong time off, the way things are going.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (July 27th, 2021), Halcyon (July 8th, 2021), Oliver2 (July 13th, 2021)

Liked

As soon as bars, etc. are allowed to open there will be another bar in the Complex opening it's doors: Dorothys Showbar .... It will be next to Double Shot Bar in the former restaurant Olivier. It proves that the Complex will open again fully when the restrictions are lifted. There will be shows in The Venue, M2M, The Palace, Dragon Music Lounge and then Dorothys. I really hope they have different shows for different people otherwise it will be survival of the best.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So anyone who likes this new bar if and when it opens will be known as "friends of Dorothy's" then !!?? :-)

9. User who gave Like to post:

Ruthrieston (July 14th, 2021)

Liked

The owner of Bubu Bar in the Complex has given up definitively due to the unforeseen future of the closure caused by Covid-19 and put his bar up for sale.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Chuai-Duai View Post
    “Wild West Boys” had an earlier existence before moving to the large and now empty building on Soi 2. That venue was originally “Wild West Girls” which changed its name to “Wild West Boys” and kept many of the interior fittings and a lot of the exterior stuff as well.

The original “Wild West Boys” was a small narrow bar but I can’t remember exactly where but it was in the Pattayaland area. It closed very quickly and moved to its much larger premises. I knew one of the Go Go Boys well and one of the guys who danced in the show. I used to sit with them in their changing room which was great fun. Sadly the bar went into a swift decline and is now a sad looking empty hulk.
    They moved to the bigger unit opposite the street. Could not have been more than 10 meters away. The reason that they SEEMED to do so well, is because they paid the boys much more than the standard. If memory serves me right, it was 10k per month. They must have had 40 or 50 boys at the beginning and that brought in the customers. I use the word "customers" very loosely because most were literally sitting on their money.

That's a whole different topic, though.

Liked

Wild West Boys at the end wasn't up to much. I hadn't been in there for a few years and one very short visit was sufficient to remind me why. A handful of mature guys on stage, at least one of whom looked about 40. I think they were even wearing jeans, but it really wouldn't have made any difference at all.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    @ WHY NOT. No it was not specifically named after an AMS brothel with same name, attached to a gay cinema with same name and sometimes even called out by tramconductors as there was a stop right in front (both cinema and tramstop are no more). Its simply a name that was oso common in about every city with a thriving gay commerce. Bar/agogo with same namy was also a very long time just off RamIV rd near the busstops in BKK. Same same for Adonis and Apollo.
    A cinema you say? Well, could be. I know Who Not as an extension from Blue Boy. Linked with an entrance at the Spuistraat and Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal. There was a bar with a separate entrance in the latter. They did have a theatre with shows and an SM attic. Dear god, why do I know these things :-)

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 27th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Last October I noticed a unique signage in English and Chinese in the gaily lit Walking Street. A tout was quick to grab my arm and led me twenty metres into a side street to a brightly decorated bar, but we were refused entry unless we paid 300b for a drink. A few minutes later we tried to enter just for a look and luckily this time the doorman relented. Maybe it was still too early but anyhow the room was empty, with just a bare, low and small stage near the entrance. There were fully clothed boys sitting at the tables outside. Had I paid for the drinks I suppose the boys would have come to the stage inside. Since I was not keen to wait until 2am for the place to come to life, I bid farewell to the tout and never came back. I guess the bar was meant for ladies looking for male company. When I returned in December the signage was gone.
    Hahaha, that trick. I fell for that once in a gogo in Bangkok. DJ station had not yet expended to the opposite side and this gogo bar opposite had a separate entrace. We had to buy a drink before we could go in. That's what we did and once inside it was empty. 2 boys scrambled in onto the stage and that was it. Horrible...but we laughed it off en went back to DJ.