Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Many of the guides published on paper or the internet end up out of date very quickly. That's probably due to the short life of many businesses. Sometimes combined with people losing interest in maintaining their website or publication.

Google Maps can be better, however even they foul it up. For instance, Panorama is showing as temporarily closed. I suggested an edit, including a photo of it open, taken on my Android device. Google even ought to be able to detect that customers like me have used the bar from their phones. They still have not changed the status to open. Whether or not they accept my edits seems to follow some kind of random process.

There are also strange examples of businesses moving location and not updating Google maps. e.g. C and B barbers moved from Thaniya to Patpong. They didn't update their location and eventually I did it for them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Google Maps can be better, I suggested an edit etc...... There are also strange examples of businesses moving location and not updating Google maps...... They didn't update their location and eventually I did it for them.
    I actually thought that it was down the the business to log into their google account and update their opening and closing times, I wasn't aware that the public could do that ? On the flip side I moved premises and it took googles literally YEARS to accept our new location details. Annoying they also then moved it so some other random ( incorrect) address and it took us another load of months to get it shifted again "as I couldn't offer evidence of being located at the wrong address " - which of course was the whole issue in the first place !! So, yeah google maps, very hit and miss and I certainly never reply on ONLY their "opening hours' advice if specifically travelling somewhere because of that.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I actually thought that it was down the the business to log into their google account and update their opening and closing times, I wasn't aware that the public could do that ? On the flip side I moved premises and it took googles literally YEARS to accept our new location details.
    It's very hit and miss.
    I very easily managed to move the Cupidol location from the previous site to Boyztown and managed to do some similar tidying up in the area.
    They also quickly marked a coffee shop as closed in Hua Hin, after I sent a photo of it deserted.
    I've even added some businesses.

On the other hand:
    I totally failed to get "Classic Boy Bar" removed from the map in Pattaya.
    I visited Bago in Myanmar and the Google coffee shop suggestions were shacks with no sign of a coffee machine. I tried to add the only 2 coffee shops I could find, with supporting pictures and it didn't work.

If Google had some proper algorithms for recognising genuine edits with GPS tagged pictures on an Android devices, they would have much more up to date maps.

(Slightly off topic, I widened my driveway a few years ago. I'd like to claim that was done before the building regulations changed to include such things, but Google maps has a dated street view photo that disproves this)