Thread: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

Liked

Re: The LIST of GAY BARS and GOGO's in PATTAYA from 1980 till now

A remarkable list by Halcyon.

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    My understanding is:

Forest House, Sunee Plaza, Closed.

Diamond Bar, Sunee Plaza, Open?
    As the holiday finished a while ago, I can't comment on current status.

However, Diamond Bar has definitely been open in 2021. I didn't see any signs of life at Forest House.
    I thought Euro Boys host bar was open earlier in the year as well.

The only Pattaya gogo bars I've seen open in 2021 were Winner, Nice Boys, Cupidol (clothed!) and X-Boys (blokes in jeans, loud music catering to local tastes).

Panorama, Serene and Castro opened with very limited hours. e.g. Castro was opening one night a week.

Plus a street almost full of bars in Jomtien.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Halcyon (June 25th, 2021), vnman (July 27th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

It puts Proust in the shade.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (June 25th, 2021)

Liked

The current status is the status in the middle of the lockdown on 22 June 2021. Diamond bar, Euro Boys host Bar were open in the beginning of this year as was another gogo in BT named Dreamboys. But they had to close because of the lockdown of bars. We have to wait and see what will happen after the Covid lockdown(s). The infection numbers in June give not much hope for an opening soon, but who knows ?

Liked

Star boys started out on Soi "toyota karaoke", it's the street alongside the Welcome plaza hotel (Sai song Soi 15)
    Later they moved to Pattaya land soi 1 and were opposite what eventually became kawaii boys. Eventually when star boys closed it became Star Treff Travestitie, which was a show bar

Liked

leks Fantasea and leks Gogo were 2 different bars. The Gogo bar was underneath the soi Day night annex eventually became Birdcage.

The Fantasea location was across the street and I believe is now block E of Mosaik (+/- 1-2 shophouse)

Yum Yum was "Tom Yum" and was over Forest house (it was known as ozone at one stage and now has a sign for Cocktail boys (even though cocktail boys was originally across the street in the previous Top Man location)

My memory was that Murteys was Mutleys and was in Pattaya soi 15, near smiling boys Gogo?
    It was a beer bar style host bar

8. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (June 27th, 2021)

Liked

These two bars from the list are mixed up in the comments.

Murphy's Magic City Boys = Magic City Boys on Sunee Plaza 1 (opposite Rainbow Bar) closed

Muttley's Bar on Pattaya Thai Soi 14 Moo 10 (103/6) closed, as in one of the books I read but it could be Mutley's with one T.

And about the Love Club: that was more of a karaoke and I don't mention karaoke's as they were more for Thai gays or only Thai gays with hesitating foreigners

Forum's veteran
    Liked

How does this compare with straight venues, I wonder? And with gay businesses across the world?

A very sad state of affairs for those who came in the 90s and before then. But Pattaya itself is unrecognisable in other ways. I recall that on my first visit, the newly-built Royal Garden only had two floors open. And now? Soon the malls will outnumber the gay bars!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    How does this compare with straight venues, I wonder? And with gay businesses across the world?

A very sad state of affairs for those who came in the 90s and before then. But Pattaya itself is unrecognisable in other ways. I recall that on my first visit, the newly-built Royal Garden only had two floors open. And now? Soon the malls will outnumber the gay bars!
    #1 Immediately pre-covid, there were still a vast number of straight bars in various parts of Pattaya. On and around walking street. On and around Soi Bukhao, including in many of the side streets in both directions off it. Also, in a couple of the streets directly north of Central Shopping Mall, there are streets which are full of straight bars. Even one of those streets seemed like it has well in excess of 50 bars.
    I've no idea if they had even more straight bars 15 years ago, but struggle to imagine how this translates into downsizing like the gay scene.

#2 Royal Garden Plaza is rapidly reverting to half empty. Probably a combination of covid and newer shopping malls, like Central or Terminal 21. The more Northerly Mikes seems to have downsized back to operating on one floor. Harbor Pattaya (Sic) is half empty.

Liked

There were always much more girls bars than gay places in the beginning due to the soldiers serving in Vietnam and later due to the sex tourists. Only Soi 6 in North Pattaya had about 80 girlbars in just one Soi. And as for just the last lockdown of bars, many girl bars were doing business. In number maybe 8 times higher than the gay places. But for now all are closed, many serving other services in order to survive these Covid lockdowns of bars.

Liked

Oscars closed end of March 2018, not in 1998.