Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Gay Pattaya 1980 - 2020

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Gay Pattaya 1980 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    Elementary my dear Nirish, on the other hand perhaps Oliver2 did know how to delete the entire post .......
    THAT was of course EXACTLY my assumption too, hence my pointing out that he COULD have deleted if he chose to do so, but instead decided to "burn the buses" ( as we say here in Belfast :-) and lodge his one word protest :-) Still, it's a sad day when we cant have a bit of innocent lightness and banter in the middle of a long and winding 9 page thread eh :-(
    !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    THAT was of course EXACTLY my assumption too, hence my pointing out that he COULD have deleted if he chose to do so, but instead decided to "burn the buses" ( as we say here in Belfast :-) and lodge his one word protest :-) Still, it's a sad day when we cant have a bit of innocent lightness and banter in the middle of a long and winding 9 page thread eh :-(
    !
    Indubitably....your assumptions would point in that direction....but hmmm. I think we need backup, Monsieur Poirot must be summoned.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'll clear this up; anyone who knows me is aware that I have lived and shall die an incompetent user of computers. You are fortunate (or perhaps not) that I'm able to communicate with your good selves at all.
    So, no; I was not aware of any means by which I could delete my original post other than the one I used. If I had been, I would have used it.

No need for M. Poirot. The defendant has spoken.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (March 1st, 2020), Nirish guy (March 1st, 2020), poshglasgow (March 2nd, 2020)

Liked

Oh dear, perhaps the blame, if any, rests with me. My normal practice on seeing a post with just the word “Deleted” and nothing else is to simply delete it, since there is no content. But unusually, and don’t ask me why, but on this occasion, the thought struck me, if I remove it, no one will know that Oliver2 was ever here, hence my quirky comment, “Oliver2 woz ‘ere”.

Apologies all round gentlemen; I shall take a demerit on this one and shall go and sit on the naughty step. Although, I must confess, I also enjoyed reading the off-topic posts.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    OK....Oliver2 was irritated by what he thought (obviously wrongly) to be an interesting topic turned into a platform for jokes. Nevertheless, he was aware that he'd be foolish to bleed while swimming with sharks and so deleted his response. A correct decision, in Oliver2's opinion.
    Mea culpa Oliver2 for derailing the thread,I wrongly felt the topic had reached its natural conclusion.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Mai pen rai. Come to think of it, it was fun.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Awww peace love and harmony has been restored, isn't it lovely to see grown adults interacting with each other with humour and respect and a little tolerance on the board of late, it makes for such a pleasant change.

Oh and to maybe help maybe in the future Oliver should you wish to delete a post it's really simple, look down to where you see the buttons for posting / replying to a post etc and I think for around 10 minutes ? or so after you've posted the post you want to edit or delete you can click the "edit" or "delete" button that you'll see ( looks as per the pic below) and click that and Bobs your uncle your post is history !

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 11.57.58.png

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks Nirishguy. The problem is that the wrong method has created so much innocent enjoyment that I'd be reluctant to change.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (March 1st, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    Sorry but a little off topic but a friend is trying to contact Paul Burnett who ran the Ting Tong Forum (not bar). He was always on holiday in Jomtien. i can't find the website anywhere. Thanks.
    I am pretty sure he died form Cancer quite a few years ago, His illness was the reason he stopped coming to Thailand maybe 10+ years ago.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    Sorry but a little off topic but a friend is trying to contact Paul Burnett who ran the Ting Tong Forum (not bar). He was always on holiday in Jomtien. i can't find the website anywhere. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    I am pretty sure he died form Cancer quite a few years ago, His illness was the reason he stopped coming to Thailand maybe 10+ years ago.
    Never knew him personally , but saw his photos on here and tingtong forum from time to time, then nothing. I would have thought he was in his early fifties around the time of his illness.
    He always reminded me of Alec Guinness the actor.