Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Pattaya 1980 - 2020

Liked

Gay Pattaya 1980 - 2020

I'm busy making a list of Gay Bars, Gay GoGo's, Gay Disco's that ever existed or still exist in Pattaya. I have now about 320 places/names but I have no information about where the following bars were (exact place please).
    A Friend Club
    Lion Bar
    Nova Boys Club
    Stary Night
    T & M Club
    Taboo
    Connection
    Smile Boys
    XXX Club
    Rob's Bar on Sunee Plaza
    Dragon Hut on Sunee Plaza
    Boy Zone GoGo on Sunee Plaza
    Sawasdee Bar on Sunee Plaza (not New Sawasdee Bar
    and what was the name of the bar in Soi 16 between Walking Street and 2nd Road

What I am looking for is probably to find in Spartacus Guides from 1982 - 1999, but I don't have those.
    As soon as I have the answers to the above I will post the (in my opinion) complete list of gay bars/gogo's in Pattaya and that will be a list of around 333 bars/gogo's.

Liked

Re: Gay Pattaya 1980 - 2020

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your endeavor!

Enterprises change name or location so frequently, the only way for me to keep track is written notes and pictures. When you present your findings, I might be able to fill some gaps from memory and confirm by notes and pictures.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Halcyon (January 27th, 2020), mr giggles (January 27th, 2020), pong (January 26th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Much good luck for that, quite an enterprise. I highly doubt for many you will come any further as ´on Sunee´ or ´in Jomtien komplek´, I think as such thats enough.
    Got a place named Filou in it?
    In some cities that are very pc and donate big sums to such institutions (lgbta or whatever it is now) there are even gay archives that collect and put on microfile or ´in the cloud´ nowadays, I am pretty sure they have all the various successive Spartacus and maybe even some other listings/guidebooks filed as such. I moved home last year and have thrown away a lot of that old stuff-also stacks of old Thai gay mags that had many advtising for such places. You should have been a few monthes earlier and got it donated. But home is not in TH. Wait-I still kept most of the old TMOT with listings (as so many said this would make good money by selling-I have not tried).
    Also the boundary about what is supposed to be gay or not is often very very hazy.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Halcyon (January 27th, 2020)

Liked

This website may help you with some maps from the late 90s
    http://thairainbowarchive.anu.edu.au...s/contents.htm
    From my Memories:
    Smile (smiling?) boys was on Soi 15 alley between Walking and 2nd road
    I think the bar on Soi 16 was Muttleys, there was also Od's spot?
    Could T&M club be T&T Club? If so it was on Sai 2 Soi 18, quite close to the current Pius place
    Lion Bar was part of the "Amigo" complex in Sunee Plaza (now elephant hotel)
    Boy Zone was on a street east of Sunee (same street as the Austrian Consulate), it later became Playboys
    Robs bar was known as "Robs Time Bar" it was in one of the shop houses that become Ting Tong red

Do you have Mandate? It was a gogo bar on the ground floor of Center Condo!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

A Friend Club: Now Panorama in Boyztown but it was a Go Go Bar.
    Taboo: Day-Night Plaza. South Pattaya Road then Soi 3 and then a small Soi off that.
    T & M: Pattaya Land Soi 1 about where the now closed Kawaii Boys was.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Thanks all for your response:
    I think these are for me the last to find. If I got the answers I post the list of about 340 Bars/GoGo's

Bar name ?? Between Walking Street Soi 16-Marina Hotel ( Arabic street) closed (not Muttley's)
    Bar name ?? Thapraya Road (outside Complex) opened -closed 2019
    Connection where? closed
    Dragon Hut Sunee Plaza 1 where? closed
    Nova Boys Club where? closed
    Sawasdee Bar GoGo (not New Sawadee bar) Sunee Plaza 1 where? closed
    Stary Night where? around 1985
    XXX Club where? closed

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I suggest you get hold of a copy of Michael Burchill's very readable account of the establishment of Boyztown. Its appendix contains a comprehensive list of establishments.

By the way, Mandate become My Life, Happyness (sic) and then Oscars. It was a beer bar with a small gogo bar upstairs. Staff wore extraordinary tartan shorts.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I suggest you get hold of a copy of Michael Burchill's very readable account of the establishment of Boyztown. Its appendix contains a comprehensive list of establishments.

By the way, Mandate become My Life, Happyness (sic) and then Oscars. It was a beer bar with a small gogo bar upstairs. Staff wore extraordinary tartan shorts.
    I think I have all the bars/gogo's in Boyz Town even without the book that I couldn't get my hands on. Thanks anyway. Hope you know more about the bars that I don't know of

Liked

Bar name ?? Between Walking Street Soi 16-Marina Hotel ( Arabic street) closed (not Muttley's)

I thought this might be Sky Boys but that was on the far side of 2nd Road.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Another thought....wasn't Boy Zone an outpost on Soi Day/Night rather than Sunee? There was also a massage parlour attached to the bar, if my recollection is correct.

17. User who gave Like to post: