Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

WOW ! So reading that JB ( and doing a quick goggle check which confirmed it) they now seem to be clearly saying that travelling from the ENGLAND is STILL banned basically still right over the Christmas period - whereas I thought the exact opposite is what they're now saying on Govt news / press releases etc in that saying that you would now be able to travel "home" etc "over Christmas" to allow people to get home for the holidays ( and / or go shag cute Thai / spainish boys if at all possible to get in to their Countries) - but that seems NOT to be the case now after all perhaps ( for those in England anyway certainly ???) I'm guessing that will screw a LOT of English peoples plans up all of a sudden again !!?? :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

JB’s post relates entirely to an extension of the Thai emergency decree.

JB...am I correct? I’m afraid I don’t understand Nirish post.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I’m afraid I don’t understand Nirish post.
    I'm referring to the UK travel advice ( as I believe JB was as well in his last post - are you perhaps reading an entirely different post maybe?) which says :

"From 5 November to 2 December 2020, travelling away from home, including internationally, is restricted from England except in limited circumstances such as for work or for education. Different rules apply in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. You must follow all the rules that apply to you.:

These can be found at : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-a...el-coronavirus

And my point being IF I'm reading these rules correctly its basically saying NO leaving England for ANY international travel over the Christmas period !?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    WOW ! So reading that JB ( and doing a quick goggle check which confirmed it) they now seem to be clearly saying that travelling from the ENGLAND is STILL banned basically still right over the Christmas period - whereas I thought the exact opposite is what they're now saying on Govt news / press releases etc in that saying that you would now be able to travel "home" etc "over Christmas" to allow people to get home for the holidays ( and / or go shag cute Thai / spainish boys if at all possible to get in to their Countries) - but that seems NOT to be the case now after all perhaps ( for those in England anyway certainly ???) I'm guessing that will screw a LOT of English peoples plans up all of a sudden again !!?? :-(
    I thought that Her Majesty’s Government announced that Covid-19 restrictions would be loosened for five days from December 23 to December 27, 2020 and that it applied across the whole of the UK. But given the recent complexities and differences between the four nations of the UK, it would be a better man than me who could speak with any degree of certainty when it comes to which Covid-19 regulations apply to which nation.

You may have already read it NIrish-guy, but the FCDO website covering Northern Ireland said the following:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations guidance: what the restrictions mean for you

Following an increase in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, additional restrictions have been introduced for people living in Northern Ireland. These new restrictions have been put in place to help reduce the spread of coronavirus and to help manage the pressures on our health and social care system. This page will be updated with detailed information as it becomes available . . .
    Link to FCDO (NI) website: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...tions-mean-you

And, after reading much of this, who could blame goji and gerefan2 for wanting to escape to the Land of Smiles, even if it means a two week quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    JB’s post relates entirely to an extension of the Thai emergency decree.

JB...am I correct? I’m afraid I don’t understand Nirish post.
    Yes, as far as I can see, it relates to the extension of the emergency decree in Thailand, but the FCDO also stated, "From 5 November to 2 December 2020, travelling away from home, including internationally, is restricted from England except in limited circumstances such as for work or for education." But the end date for the FCDO message is 2 December, nothing regarding the Christmas period.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That guidance expires on 2 December ? What’s that got to do with Xmas?

Oops crossed with your post JB

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahhhh ! Sorry, I was just about to post that - my mistake - I TOTALLY missed that 2nd of December part - apologies for the confusion ! Thats what was confusing me as it wasn't tying in with the other recent press messages, but THAT would be the reason why ! Apologies.

Liked

"From 5 November to 2 December 2020, travelling away from home, including internationally, is restricted from England except in limited circumstances such as for work or for education.
    And my point being IF I'm reading these rules correctly its basically saying NO leaving England for ANY international travel over the Christmas period !?
    xmas is usually AFTER 2 December, so those rules would have expired.

From 3 Dec we move to regional restrictions. I believe those regional restrictions would be relaxed over xmas.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yep got it, it was the " Update to information on the extension of the emergency decree until 15 January 2021" that threw my brain, but that of course is not in relation to the UK travel advice, I see that now.

Liked

Ahhhh ! Sorry, I was just about to post that - my mistake - I TOTALLY missed that 2nd of December part - apologies for the confusion ! Thats what was confusing me as it wasn't tying in with the other recent press messages, but THAT would be the reason why ! Apologies.
    Hmmm . . . I think a trip to Shady Pines is on the cards for you NIrish-guy.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Hmmm . . . I think a trip to Shady Pines is on the cards for you NIrish-guy.
    Or was it a liquid lunch...?!