Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 67 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

Fuck. Visiting huge dozing plaster statues of deities are my all time favourite thing to do in Thailand.

Liked

Looks like the Cambodians are trying to kill their tourist industry in a fell swoop

Under the Kingdom’s health measures, all travelers, both Cambodians and foreigners, who travel to Cambodia will be transferred from airports to waiting centres where COVID-19 swab tests are done. They are required to remain at the centres until the test results are released.

“Upon arrival, all foreign passengers are required to deposit $3,000 at the airport to pay for the virus prevention services,” he said. “Passengers can pay in cash or through credit cards.”

He added that those who test negative for the virus will only be charged the fees for the test and will be given back the remainder of their deposit.
    https://www.khmertimeskh.com/5073261...rantine-tests/

Lets hope Thailand does not try an emulate their neighbours!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

3. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 14th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Poll says majority of Thais don’t want foreigners back........

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...rists-out-poll

Each respondent was allowed to give more than one answer.

Asked when they thought Thailand's tourism would return to normal after the Covid-19 situation is resolved, 41.40% said in one year; 25.90% in six months; 20.52% in two years; and 12.18% in more than two years.

Asked whether they wanted foreign tourists to return to visit Thailand soon, 75.72% said "no", with 54.39% saying that they would like the Thai people to tour their own country first before going elsewhere and 21.33% saying that they were afraid the foreigners would spark a second wave of the virus.

The rest, 24.28%, said they wanted foreign tourists to come soon so that they could help spur the economy and generate income for the country.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-covid-at-bay

I think there's more to Thailand's success than this.

6. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (June 14th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    “Upon arrival, all foreign passengers are required to deposit $3,000 at the airport to pay for the virus prevention services,” he said. “Passengers can pay in cash or through credit cards.”

He added that those who test negative for the virus will only be charged the fees for the test and will be given back the remainder of their deposit.
    The idea of handing over $3000 to officials in a very corrupt country like Cambodia does not appeal at all. There's a $3000 incentive for them to tell me I've failed and keep the $3000, whilst somehow ensuring the official record shows I've passed, hence allowing the officials to keep the $3000.

So any future visits to Cambodia should be deferred until this policy is scrapped. I expect there will be alternative destinations with more reasonable entry requirements.

Also, I presume visa runs to Cambodia would become a bad idea & people would be searching out the best alternative.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Totally right Goji as if they couldn't be trusted not to steal the $20 on arrival for visa stamps by sticking it in their pockets whilst still stamping your passport I wouldn't be rushing to give them a three grand "refundable" deposit either !

Liked

Whilst the $3,000 deposit is a bit of a worry, I'd be more worried about this:

It added that if any passenger tests positive for COVID-19, those on the same flight will be quarantined for 14 days

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Poll says majority of Thais don’t want foreigners back........

...and who can blame them...better poor and alive than...well what can I say...dead?!

Liked

And another outbreak in China in another food market, (geddaway) this time in Beijing on a salmon chopping board suggests this virus ain't done yet.

Liked

Re: Poll says majority of Thais don’t want foreigners back........

Well they clearly haven't met us. We're lovely, who wouldn't want us?