Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

....people r stooopid...they forget stuff...nobody even does history anymore...kinda scary...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Who dares to reply to that? certainly not me.

Liked

Below, I highlight one report from the Bangkok Post, an updated selected extract from the worldometer website and a report from The Guardian dated April 14th, 2020 which I missed at the time and only heard about on the radio last night:

Thailand logs 19 new Covid-19 cases, 1 death Tuesday

published : 21 Apr 2020 at 12:31
    writer: Online Reporters

The government on Tuesday reported 19 new coronavirus (Covid-19) patients, raising the total to 2,811, and one more death, a 50-year-old taxi driver whose passengers included boxing stadium spectators . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...-death-tuesday

Stats009.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

William Hague: China must cooperate over source of Covid-19 outbreak

International inquiry needed to establish ‘scientific truth’, says ex-foreign secretary

Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor
    Tue 14 Apr 2020 19.47 BST Last modified on Tue 14 Apr 2020 21.01 BST

China must cooperate in creating a scientific consensus into the source of the coronavirus pandemic,William Hague has said, adding that the world is “hungry for the truth”.

The former UK foreign minister said Beijing would come under intense global pressure to accept the creation of international pandemic unit, run jointly by China and the US, as well as greater global cooperation on vaccines . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-covid-19-scie
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

And to lighten the mood, rather than post amusing images from facebook, as I usually do, I have decided to post the following three enhanced colour photos of Mae Khlong Railway Market, which a Thai friend posted on facebook. I thought they were worth sharing during this gloomy period. They brought back happy memories of the time I set off from Wongwian Yai Station in Bangkok with ChristianPFC and took the train to Mae Khlong Railway Market.

Mar01.jpg

Mar02.jpg

Mar03.jpg

And to supplement the above photos, I found this short video on YouTube, taken six years ago, showing the Mae Khlong Railway Market:

And finally, in case members may have missed it, a TV travelogue documentary with Michael Portillo called; Great Asian Railway Journeys is currently showing on BBC 2. The first two episodes have already been broadcast, but are available on BBC iPlayer (see link below). The first episode covers the railway journey from Chiang Mai to Bangkok then onward to Mae Khlong Railway Market. The second episode covers Michael’s journey from Bangkok to Hua Hin, but stopping off at Petchaburi on route.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dtbn

CV40.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

5. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (April 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Worth watching, characterised by beautiful photography which makes my heart ache for a speedy return. And he meets some interesting people. However, all should be warned that Portillo's trousers- sometimes pink and sometimes bright orange- can only be described as hideous They give Friends of Dorothy a bad name.

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (April 24th, 2020), goji (April 22nd, 2020), Patanawet (April 22nd, 2020)

Liked

And what about his jackets!

9. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    And what about his jackets!
    I sent him an email a couple of years ago, after his show began airing here, asking him how many jackets he owned. To my surprise, he actually replied telling me that he had an least 15.

I believe he's 100% gay, which kind of explains the jackets.

11. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I believe he's 100% gay, which kind of explains the jackets.
    You know his past history in that regard !?

When he was an MP and a Government Minister many moons ago I believe on permanent threat of being "outed" he decided to get ahead of any possible stories and gave an interview saying how he'd "experimented with guys in University etc - a lot " and tried both sides of the field etc and after due consideration etc he's ended up married to woman. (Who he's still with and they do seem to get along and "love" each other - whatever that means).

So, my guess is that you're absolutely right about him being more gay than straight (a lot).....and a lot more lately even as his campness seems to increase with each new series. HOWEVER, I'm guessing he's also smart enough to both know that and also make his own decisions about what he wants out of life and has obviously found someone with whom he's happy and is also able to "be himself" ( or to as much of a degree as makes him happy I guess and who knows WHAT they've both agreed to allow in their marriage ) so I guess that's fair enough, 'up to him".

I always cant help thinking though how even more "fabulous" he'd been / have been if he had perhaps found his matching gay partner all those years ago when being gay wasn't PC and it could for sure have damaged his career.

The experimenting story to kill any"gay" stories I think he took a gamble with, knowing that many of his Oxford, Eton and other public school boy types would also had many of exactly the same kinds of life story and so would quietly give him a by ball thinking "there by the grace of God go I re the tabloids etc" - and he was right as it did take away the "scandal' of any possible outing and if brought up now he simply refers to it as ancient history and moves on.

But as he's been married somewhere akin to 39 years now, so I can only assume whatever he's doing it is working for him and so good luck to him I guess.

Oh I just found this link which basically says the above !

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...lf-738244.html

PS thanks for his TV show advert JB, I watched both episodes yesterday and they helped break the lockdown boredom.......mind you if I seen him high Wai'ing one more street food seller, waitress or train ticket collector lol.......I was just sitting the whole time hoping he'd stop as I cringed at the TV !!

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 22nd, 2020), goji (April 22nd, 2020), Patanawet (April 22nd, 2020)

Liked

His relationship with his wife reminds me of the host of the Morning Show in Britain who recently came out to his wife and kids, and then revealed everything on the show.

Good on them both!

Liked

I'm sure he kept saying 'sawtdee kaa'.