Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

I wonder if his hotel bathroom is still covered in grime & mould, or did that also get the special treatment ?

Liked

I’m still here at Yensabai and I’m scheduled to leave April 5. I sort of feel at times I’m the only one here, it’s that quiet.

My boyfriend is staying with me and I’m a bit worried that he’s leaving at the end of this week. I always eat out, usually at central marina food court or Salt and Pepper but I’m anxious about catching the virus while there. I’ve been over eating too much junk stuff, rice, coke light, bread,etc as I only eat out once a day now.

Sunnee has closed down. The Elephant bar and rooms are open, and NS travel lady is open, even though I never see any customer there. I bought my new ticket there as my Air China flight was cancelled. I’m very apprehensive about flying for obvious reasons. Not much to do now but go to beach . And I just renewed my visa extension for a year. As I look out at Sunnee, it’s dark and silent.

Liked

I should have said Sunnee has temporarily closed down. Walking soi vc and the area is noticeably less active. Even the reckless Arabs are no where to be seen. They had just opened shops geared towards them, like desert shops etc and they look abandoned.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nice Boys staff :
    On the (March) 21st day, visit Koh Lan. Board the boat 09:30 Meet at the Bali Hai Pier, have liquor, hors d'oeuvres. Which staff will fish, prepare equipment as well. If anyone has a backpack, bring with them. Therefore inform

from Facebook and Google Translate

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rocket, I’m not sure what age you are but if older can I seriously and strongly suggest you curtail your trips out and about there. Even if the Thai authorities haven’t yet pressed the big red “you must isolate/lockdown” you REALLY should anyway. The rest of us in Europe are now experiencing the reality and bite of the corona outbreaks and Thailand will be overcome VERY soon too ( as you’re starting to see already), so whilst I know you’re on your hols etc maybe think about reducing your trips out and about and kick back in your own room as much as possible to make sure you MAKE it home in one piece perhaps. :-(

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I should have said Sunnee has temporarily closed down. Walking soi vc and the area is noticeably less active. Even the reckless Arabs are no where to be seen. They had just opened shops geared towards them, like desert shops etc and they look abandoned.
    The Arabs go home for Ramadan. Nothing to be missed there.
    You have more chance of catching the disease in the UK than Thailand. Just look at the stats!
    Don’t panic....

Liked

Today, I highlight two reports from the Bangkok Post, one report from BBC News and one report from CNN:

Health certificates required of all visitors

Anutin says borders will also be closed

published : 19 Mar 2020 at 19:46
    updated: 20 Mar 2020 at 06:49
    writer: Reuters and Online Reporter
    s

The government will extend the requirement of medical certificates and health insurance from Sunday to cover all visitors to the country regardless of nationalities to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Thailand reported 60 new coronavirus cases, the biggest daily jump in the number of cases so far to take its total infections to 272, the Public Health Ministry said on Thursday . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...f-all-visitors

Calls for lockdown mount

Chuan set to forward proposal to Prayut

published : 20 Mar 2020 at 06:00
    newspaper section: News
    writer: Aekarach Sattaburuth

Six former House and Senate speakers have called on the government to put the country under lockdown and ban entry to foreign travellers.

Two former Senate speakers, Suchon Chaleekrua and Nikhom Wairatpanich, presented the proposal on Thursday to Parliament President Chuan Leekpai who promised to forward it to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

The proposal was raised at a meeting attended by the six former speakers. Four others who support the proposal are former House speaker Arthit Ourairat, former Senate speakers Sanit Worapanya, Gen Thiradej Meepian, and Prasopsuk Boondej . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...lockdown-mount

And from BBC News . . .

Coronavirus: Italy's death toll overtakes China's

19 March 2020

Coronavirus has killed more people in Italy than in any other country, after deaths there rose by 427 in a day.

The number of deaths now stands at 3,405, which is more than in China where the virus originated last year.

There have been 3,245 reported deaths in China, but there have been questions over the reliability of its data.

A lockdown imposed on 12 March in Italy has been extended beyond the original 25 March end date. Nearly all Italians have been told to stay at home . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51964307

And from CNN . . .

State Department warns US citizens not to travel abroad due to coronavirus pandemic

By Jennifer Hansler, Nicole Gaouette, Kylie Atwood and Lauren Fox, CNN
    Updated 2049 GMT (0449 HKT) March 19, 2020

Washington (CNN) The US State Department on Thursday warned American citizens not to travel abroad due to the coronavirus pandemic, issuing the highest possible level of travel advisory.

The Level 4: Do Not Travel advisory "advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19."

The State Department urged Americans "in countries where commercial departure options remain available" to "arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.". . .
    For the full report see: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/19/p...ory/index.html
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    If I were Jellybean, I'd leave for home. Now.
    A few weeks ago on February 26 & 27 at posts 131 & 135 I first raised my concerns about getting back to the UK, but since I had cancelled last year’s trip to Thailand, I was most reluctant to cut short this year’s trip if it could possibly be avoided. But everyone has seen how rapidly the situation has changed worldwide since I first raised my concerns.

And on Wednesday, with just an hour’s notice, my gym and the condo swimming pool were closed for at least two weeks, although the next day the pool was opened, but the poolside restaurant announced they would not be open in the evenings until further notice.

I had already discussed with friends and family back in the UK the possibility of me returning early and their advice was to bite the bullet and return home just in case the UK or Thailand closed its borders and I was stranded here in Thailand. On Wednesday, it was therefore with a heavy heart, that I finally decided to curtail my current trip to Thailand and return to the UK, four weeks ahead of schedule.

When I reached the offices of Emirates Airlines on Wednesday, it was apparent that I wasn't the only one thinking now was the time to 'get out of Dodge'! It was mobbed, just as it was at the time of the Icelandic volcano, Eyjafjallajökull, back in 2010, when I last had to cut my Thai holiday short and fly home early. No one, it seemed, wanted to take the chance of the Thai Government putting the country in lock-down (See today’s news report in the Bangkok Post in my previous post). After waiting over two hours, I successfully changed my ticket from April 16 to March 21. My flight to the UK leaves early on Saturday morning, but I shall be checking out of my condo later on tonight. I realise my decision is probably the right one, but I still feel deeply sad at having to cut my holiday short. But hey, there's always next year (probably))!

Normally, one week before my departure date I arrange for either Tesco or Sainsbury’s to make a grocery home delivery on the day of my arrival, as I’m usually too exhausted to go out shopping. When I tried to arrange a home delivery both Tesco and Sainsbury’s had no available slots for the next three weeks! I’ve been listening to callers on the radio back in the UK complaining about the empty shelves in supermarkets, so I wasn’t entirely surprised.

And my sister has also sent me photos of empty supermarket shelves. She very kindly offered to do her best and obtain some basics for me, which will see me through the weekend. Other friends have advised me to bring loo rolls and pasta back with me!

And lastly, I was wondering what photos I should attach to this post and it seemed entirely apposite to attach some pics taken at my local supermarket here in Bangkok. A sight some in the UK might not be familiar with, I speak of a store with goods on display, not empty shelves! Oh for the good ol' pre-apocalypse days, eh? LOL! See also the photo taken from facebook, which I think is particularly relevant.

Tops01.jpg

Tops02.jpg

Tops03.jpg

Tops04.jpg

Tops05.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (March 21st, 2020), Moses (March 22nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Thailand Prepares for the Worst

Government contemplates worst case senario:

https://pattayaone.news/thailand-pre...break-worsens/
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Good luck with your flight home Jellybean. It must be deeply depressing to have to cut short your trip but I'm sure it's the correct decision. If I were to be isolated, I'd rather it be here than in Pattaya.

My experience of shopping in Sainsbury's , here in London, is that fresh food is available more or less as usual (at least it was on Wednesday) but canned items (such as soups) are in short supply as people panic-buy. Toilet rolls were available after a few days absence but the situation was not helped by customers buying two years' supply....I saw a woman stagger out of the shop with at least twenty. I suspect that food supplies may well be close to normal by the time you get back. ....certainly of fresh produce.

I'd be interested to hear about your arrival at Heathrow.