Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Looking at the numbers is like trying to decipher a pattern in a dartboard. Nothing make a sense. There seems to be wild anomalies between cases and deaths.
    I expect very few countries have an accurate figure for the number of cases, as it is heavily influenced by test capacity. Arguably that figure is for decoration.
    In the case of the UK, I think they estimated something like 6.7% have had the virus, based on antibody sampling. So something over 4 million.

Also, there are different criteria for deciding who is recorded as a Covid death in each country.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by neddy3 View Post
    Just be thankful that you are not in that situation, Philex.
    I rest my case mylord. In past years thai boys have got more and more fat. So a few months of compulsory diet is good for them. But don't worry, they'll get back looking like well feat cats soon enough

Liked

Here is another article published in the New York Times regarding the efficacy of wearing a mask.I quote one portion of the article below:

Apart from avoiding crowded indoor spaces, the most effective thing people can do is wear masks, all of the experts said. Even if masks don’t fully shield you from droplets loaded with virus, they can cut down the amount you receive, and perhaps bring it below the infectious dose.

“This is not a virus for which hand washing seems like it will be enough,” Dr. Rabinowitz said. “We have to limit crowds, we have to wear masks.”

The full article can be read in this link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/h...sion-dose.html

Perhaps too early to say for sure exactly how effective masks are but food for thought.

4. User who gave Like to post:

BenCH (June 1st, 2020)

Liked

Since this virus became prevalent, I've been wearing a mask when on public transport and in planes and shops etc.

My initial logic was that I shouldn't assume western experts & the WHO are right, whilst those in China, Taiwan, Japan etc are wrong. Being arrogant in that way can lead to bad decisions.

Then I found some papers covering the issue of airborne droplets. There's a better one somewhere, but here's an example in the link. I continued wearing my mask in the locations described above.
    https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2.../12/2006874117

Now some western governments have slowly seen the light and started recommending or mandating wearing of masks.

Liked

Re: GoGo Bars Future in Question

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Somehow the gogo bars remain hopeful that business will resume in the near future when you read their online postings with pictures of fresh-faced boys in alluring attires, flashing smiles in coy poses.
    Does anyone recognise the blond guy in the picture below who was quite popular in Eros Bar of yore?

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 1st, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Does anyone recognise the blond guy in the picture below who was quite popular in Eros Bar of yore?
    Yep. That's "blondie". He's from the Akha ethnic group in Myanmar and has (had?) a long-term Swiss boyfriend.
    He was definitely not my type, but he was always friendly and loved to chat - a really lovely guy. He was totally uninhibited and up for anything - and was the most infamous bottom boy in the bar.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 1st, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    He was totally uninhibited and up for anything.
    Yeah, to the point of "Ok, PLEASE stop now, really that's MORE than enough, you're almost putting me off my beer!" - especially when he was Mao ! My god I nearly had to hide my face behind a cushion sometimes he was that full on......until I remembered just what those cushions had usually been used for and quickly thought better of it ! lol

11. User who gave Like to post:

goji (May 31st, 2020)

Liked

Am I the only one who dislikes the dyed blond hair with black eyebrows look ?
    Best to do the eyebrows AND the hair the same colour. "Collars & cuffs".

Further down, I'm less fussy, although below the belt, it's better to wax or shave.

13. User who gave Like to post:

siscu58 (June 1st, 2020)

Liked

Yes that is Ray or as he said Lay.After Eros closed he worked at Euro Boy Bar.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Yes that is Ray or as he said Lay.After Eros closed he worked at Euro Boy Bar.
    Yes, that's him. Thanks Francois.

I'd forgotten his name - I always referred to him as "blondie".