Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay-friendly accom' near Sunee or Jomtien

Liked

Re: Gay-friendly accom' near Sunee or Jomtien

Spell-checkers don't recognize Thai currency and "correct" baht to bath (letter transposition is a common typing mistake).

Liked

it is usually not a spelling mistake or a typo or an auto-correction, is it a transliteration problem.

there are a number of different systems for transliterating Thai script into English, and different groups and even different government departments use different systems - hence the different spellings you see for many common words

in the currency case, the first consonant is usually always transliterated as b, the vowel as either a or ah, and the final consonant as either th or t - thus you can end up with b ah t or b a th depending on the system used. Baht is the most common (and more correct from a pronunciation point of view), but Bath is still frequently seen

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    iBaht is the most common (and more correct from a pronunciation point of view), but Bath is still frequently seen
    Indeed...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Can't say that I've ever seen bath, even though I've been to Thailand a few times.
    No wonder the boys pinch their noses when you walk past.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (December 10th, 2022), Patanawet (January 24th, 2020), poshglasgow (January 14th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I've stayed many times at the Elephant Plaza Hotel. Nothing fancy (on the contrary...) but the rooms are large and they are cleaned every day by the friendly ladyboy. The staff are very friendly, too. Just make sure you don't go anywhere near the sofa as it's filthy.

If you are going to spend most of your time in Sunee then you are right in the middle of the action, or what's left of it.
    A hotel named after its guests - how quaint! And right in the heart of Sunee...

Perhaps the bars should follow suit and call themselves The Nursery, Child Care-ss Centre and Bibs and Boys. Sunee needs to reinvent itself yet remain true to its spirit (jesus juice) and its core clientele.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post

Perhaps the bars should follow suit and call themselves The Nursery, Child Care-ss Centre and Bibs and Boys. Sunee needs to reinvent itself yet remain true to its spirit (jesus juice) and its core clientele.
    sglad......Offers nothing to this board.....he has been trolling this board since he joined....Moses did you hear that??????
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (January 14th, 2020), goji (January 18th, 2020), Patanawet (January 24th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by assbandit View Post
    ...I usually go to Pattaya for the girls or GGs but keen on spending a few days soon at Sunee or Jomtien
    - I'm a bit concerned that Sunee is so quiet nowadays I may not spend much time there but anyway, could someone recommend a nice gay-friendly place, hopefully max 1,500/night, near Sunee or Jomtien Complex?...
    Friends who've visited recently recommend Mosaik Apartments and Pius Place for proximity with Sunee Plaza. Both within your budget range and no problem with joiners.

For Jomtien Complex, they suggest short-term rentals of one of the View Talay apartments through

http://www.abc-pattaya-rental.com/menuang.html

Very prompt in their email replies apparently. My friend stayed in View Talay 5 and was very pleased with his apartment which was walking distance to the beach and Jomtien Complex.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

assbandit (January 14th, 2020), Eddie (January 30th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post

I'm trying to work through this post to see if I have missed a subtle meaning but I keep coming back to the same conclusion. I assume it is a passing nod to the Sunee of many years ago and its problems, in those days, with the under-18s and gangs of youths chasing other gangs of youths along the sois during the infamous Yaba Wars.

Sunee has been a very different place for many years and whilst there are a few over-60s, content with the easier pace in Sunee these days, I cannot recall seeing any obvious under-18s in Sunee in the last ten years or more. The decreasing police and immigration activity in Sunee in recent years would suggest they concur.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Glad to hear the underage problem is a thing of the past. You only have to google Sunee Plaza to read about its sordid reputation. My friends and I bave only been to Double Shot bar, at least I think it was Double Shot. I did peek into some of the other bars but didn't feel comfortable going in.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (January 30th, 2020)

Liked

Sglad wrote.
    "I did peek into some of the other bars but didn't feel comfortable going in."

Feeling comfortable comes with age and maturity, it's not for students. Age, barring bad luck is a given but maturity is not.

The one currently under internal exile and the one currently self-exiled are cases in point.