List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supposing it all became too expensive...where next?

Liked

Re: Supposing it all became too expensive...where next?

My problem is not the exchange rate, but visa regulations that make me spend more and more time out of Thailand (if it wasn't for visa issues, I would spent all my time in Thailand, except summer trips to Germany). So I have been everywhere in SEAsia except Philippines, but plus Hong Kong and Taiwan, and nothing matches Pattaya.

I'm currently looking into Myanmar and Vietnam to spend more time in next year (from one-week-trips extending to month(s)). (Cambodia is too small and too poorly developed bus systems to travel around the country, and apart from Angkor Wat there is nothing to see anyway.)

Thailand has it all: gogo, massage, sauna.
    Vietnam and Cambodia massage and sauna.
    Myanmar massage but no sauna.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

BOY69 (November 30th, 2019), francois (December 1st, 2019), goji (December 1st, 2019), poshglasgow (November 30th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    My problem is not the exchange rate, but visa regulations that make me spend more and more time out of Thailand (if it wasn't for visa issues, I would spent all my time in Thailand, except summer trips to Germany). So I have been everywhere in SEAsia except Philippines, but plus Hong Kong and Taiwan, and nothing matches Pattaya..
    Why not buy an Elite visa? A million baht and your problem is solved for the next 20 years

Liked

"Myanmar massage but no sauna "

check for "spa boy" in Blued
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

I am going back in a few weeks time for my annual holiday and because of exchange rate it makes my accommodation and everything else a wee bit more expensive so I too wonder if it is my last (I hope not) been back and fore for the last 15 years and I also compare what used to be and remember my first time at krazy dragon when sunnee was vibrant.....anyway I too would look elsewhere for 2021 south America or even Cambodia never been anywhere else other than Jomtien for the last 15years love the place but maybe time for change??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    Interesting forum A447: thanks for sharing.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Why not buy an Elite visa? A million baht and your problem is solved for the next 20 years
    Thanks Frequent. The messages I have received from other members of the forum say the same: Pattaya still leads, despite the strength of the Baht. I think I'll create my base, as in previous visits, at the Venue. At least I will be next door to @Home Bar which I enjoy.

I must fit in a short visit to Cambodia (I've never visited)!

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 30th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Thanks Frequent. The messages I have received from other members of the forum say the same: Pattaya still leads, despite the strength of the Baht. I think I'll create my base, as in previous visits, at the Venue. At least I will be next door to @Home Bar which I enjoy.

I must fit in a short visit to Cambodia (I've never visited)!
    Pattaya is certainly the most appropriate place for many of our members

10. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (December 8th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by riverdee View Post
    I am going back in a few weeks time for my annual holiday and because of exchange rate it makes my accommodation and everything else a wee bit more expensive so I too wonder if it is my last (I hope not) been back and fore for the last 15 years and I also compare what used to be and remember my first time at krazy dragon when sunnee was vibrant.....anyway I too would look elsewhere for 2021 south America or even Cambodia never been anywhere else other than Jomtien for the last 15years love the place but maybe time for change??
    Regarding Cambodia ChirstianPFC advised correctly :
    "Cambodia is too small and too poorly developed bus systems to travel around the country, and apart from Angkor Wat there is nothing to see anyway."

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    "Cambodia is too small and too poorly developed bus systems to travel around the country, and apart from Angkor Wat there is nothing to see anyway."
    If you go only for the sex who cares about the scenery? There are a number of good trip reports (here are a couple) about Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Frankly no-one here except christian is going to hare around Cambodia on a bus

13. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (December 1st, 2019)

Liked

For me the main difference between Thailand and Cambodia is that in Thailand the guys find you, whereas in Cambodia you have to go out and find them.

It can be hard work. I can't be bothered looking anymore.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (December 1st, 2019), poshglasgow (December 8th, 2019)