List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Electric cars - anyone any thoughts on that!?

Liked

Re: Electric cars - anyone any thoughts on that!?

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I actually put my name down on a waiting list for the new Hyundai Ioniq 5, not really expecting to get one. And that's exactly what happened. Over 11,000 people put their name on a waiting list for 400 cars and they sold out in 2 hours!
    Those things look absolutely superb in the pictures. I keep looking out for one on the streets.

If your residence is suitable for solar panels, then solar panels & an electric car is one way to protect yourself from energy crises. At a price. Might even get enough sun for it in Australia.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Electric cars - anyone any thoughts on that!?

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    The number of Teslas arriving in Australia is increasing all the time, but it is still difficult to get hold of one. When I want something, I want it NOW!
    Not sure when you last checked but unless you're ordering a very specific colour scheme re seats / battery pack / paint colour and those all being different for some reason etc, do be sure to check the Tesla "stock" page as you could well find they have exactly the model you were thinking of anyway sitting "in stock" but they (weirdly) dont tell you that when you're trying to place an order on line ( as they push you towards) and so they just take each order as a "new" order even if they have one of the same thing ( or very cloose to it) sitting there it seems, so it can be worth a quick call / check with them to check their "actual" quietly in stock models.

Also as A447 and I had discussed chargers ( or the lack of them ) in Austrialia before and I'd agreed with you that they seemed thin on the ground, I see just from a quick glance again there that they ( Telsa at least) do seem to have been steadily adding to them there it seems,. so just as a totally random test example I fired a totally random journey from say Melbourne to Canberra into the free charger locater app you can use just to see how that trip panned out.

As you can see below It came back to say there were at least 6 charging bases ( each could contain several / multiple charger stations at each base or not just depending on the location ) but all mainly "enroute", with others then showing further away ( in case you changed direction mid journey) otherwise it only highlghts the route based ones as that's what I'd asked for.

The charging time over for the entire journey was 33 mins in total i.e roughly two x 16 min stops along the way ( which I'm guessing you'd be doing anyway on a 6 hour drive), so all quite "doable". I've attached the map showing those charge points just for general info.

tesAUS.jpg

Should anyone else be wondering "would a trip in my area of the world work charging wise etc" that's a good (free) App / Website you can use to find that out - it's called " A better route planner" ( https://abetterrouteplanner.com/ ) and just tell it whatever car you're driving ( works for all cars not just tesla) and it will work out the entire journey for you - and you can plan in shopping / toilet stops etc as you prefer. Takes all the hard work out of planning trips and I've found it very handy when travelling outside of my local areas.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 1st, 2021), cdnmatt (November 1st, 2021), splinter1949 (November 3rd, 2021)