List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Electric cars - anyone any thoughts on that!?

Liked

Re: Electric cars - anyone any thoughts on that!?

You are much too young NIrish guy, that pun dates back to 1920 or earlier.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (November 23rd, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

I see Musk is subtracting value, as usual - https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...sla-cybertruck

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Absolutely, the man really is a tool of the highest order. Even his own staff concede that BUT also the general view too is that he has to be a bit nuts in order to push the boundaries of things on the way he does too - personally I’m leaning closer to the “dick” view, but I guess one can’t help give him some credit for pushing the envelope in design areas etc way more and way faster than other companies do.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So, just as a final conclusion to this thread Im pleased to report that after another test drive or two I ( finally) placed my order.......for the Tesla "performance" Model 3.

If I'm being honest I think the Jag Ipace, for the money, was probably the better, more classy car and was much more of a quality executive cruiser type car BUT the Tesla was just way more fun to drive and for perhaps the first time in my life I didn't "think too much" about all the twists of turns of each car ( well, not much !) and after putting my foot down on the accelerator in the model 3 ( 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds !! ) and hanging on for dear life whilst happily shouting HOLY FUCKKKKK a few times I just said fuck it and went for it !

Aside from the speed and handling the Tesla IS a great car too actually and has a ton of really innovative bells and whistles built in. ( it even has a "fart" mode built in so you can make your passengers think others have farted lol - ridiculous I know but hey

So, when it arrives next month I'll drive it for a few years and once I decide I'm too old to get any fun out of it I'll change it back for the likes of the Jag maybe then - perhaps!? :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

electric cars are sooo stoooopid

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    I remember reading a review of the book Jonathon Livingston Seagull where it was described as “deep thoughts for the Under Fives”

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Do you actually know anything about them or have you actually driven one or is that just a generalisation perhaps ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Yes I doubt HMRC have any way of tracking this particular "free fuel" perk & for all I know they might have even not got around to taxing this anyway.
    Just for general future info for anyone that's interested I found the answer to the above on the Tesla website - basically there is no tax on electricity given / required to power an electric car when the power is supplied by your employer, the full answer is posted below :

Car Fuel Benefit Charge
    As electricity is not classed as a road fuel, Tesla cars have no fuel benefit charge. That means employees are exempt from paying benefit-in-kind on electricity provided by their employer to charge an electric company car.

Advisory Fuel Rates
    As electricity is not classed as a road fuel, the car fuel benefit charge does not pply to electric charging. If an employee uses a company car, no benefit-in-kind occurs when charging their vehicle at the workplace.

The advisory fuel rate for fully electric vehicles has been confirmed by HMRC as 4 pence per mile.

The URL that lists the above, as well as many of the other ( UK) tax benefits of driving a (new) fully electric car can be found at :
    https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/incentives

Forum's veteran
    Liked

its not the electric cars, its the type of people who drive them...smug twits who believe their shyte doesnt stink....oh and the child labour propping up tyrants that control the mines that make up the huge batteries that are then dumped after 5 minutes of use poisoning the land

Forum's veteran
    Liked

its not the electric cars, its the type of people who drive them...smug twits who believe their shyte doesnt stink.
    Ah right, so just as I thought, just a sweeping generalisation then and I should just ignore your first comment altogether about electric cars being so stoooopid then, right ok, no worries. just whatever you think.