Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inflation

Liked

Inflation

Can any one fill me in on how inflation might have affected local prices for off's and how much to tip as my last visit was early 2017.

Liked

Re: Inflation

Prices for tips has not changed. If anything they may have gone down!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Prices for tips has not changed. If anything they may have gone down!
    Francois is correct. As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, in Bangkok these days many guys have an opening asking price of 1,500 baht which means they'll take less, compared to an opening bid of 2,000 and a ready preparedness to take 1,500 only three or four months ago. I had an opening price of 1,000 from a guy only last Friday. These are all guys on the Apps. A bar guy started at 2,000 for himself plus 300 for the bar. He immediately dropped that to 1,500 including the bar's 300. The Apps lend themselves to an assertion by the customer that "other guys say 1,500" especially as the guys usually have a keen appreciate of today's market

4. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (November 18th, 2019)

Liked

I would start by assuming almost no change.
    Thailand has low inflation and the strong baht probably means customers have been resistant to price increases.

In Pattaya, I would pay 1000~1200 short time, 2000 long time.
    Bangkok, average 1500 short time. Some of the bar boys in Bangkok seem to know there is nothing to lose by asking for more, no matter what you tip. They usually leave with a smile when you refuse to increase the tip and are immediately trying to get your attention on the next visit to the bar.

In Bangkok, a minority will immediately accept 1000 on the phone apps, but holding out for 1500 is more common.

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BOY69 (November 18th, 2019), Jellybean (November 18th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I would start by assuming almost no change.
    Thailand has low inflation and the strong baht probably means customers have been resistant to price increases.

In Pattaya, I would pay 1000~1200 short time, 2000 long time.
    Bangkok, average 1500 short time. Some of the bar boys in Bangkok seem to know there is nothing to lose by asking for more, no matter what you tip. They usually leave with a smile when you refuse to increase the tip and are immediately trying to get your attention on the next visit to the bar.

In Bangkok, a minority will immediately accept 1000 on the phone apps, but holding out for 1500 is more common.
    What is considered short time?

Liked

Anything less than overnight can be consider "short time" .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    What is considered short time?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOY69 View Post
    Anything less than overnight can be consider "short time" .
    And, adding to the explanation offered by BOY69, at its most basic, short-time can be summed up by your gentleman caller as, "You come, I go". Well, so I've heard through the grapevine.

I'm sure I've also seen it printed on T-shirts in Thai markets, along with such slogans as, "No money, No honey."

Seriously though, generally speaking, I'd say short-time is around the one hour mark, or until your business is concluded. With some of my regulars, if they are not in a hurry to push off, we've gone for a swim and/or dinner afterwards. But that is by mutual consent and still falls within short-time, although I usually add a little bit extra cash to the pot.

If in doubt, chip, ensure that you and your visitor agree over the meaning of 'short-time' before heading back to your hotel.

10. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 18th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    And, adding to the explanation offered by BOY69, at its most basic, short-time can be summed up by your gentleman caller as, "You come, I go". Well, so I've heard through the grapevine.
    That is the best explanation of short time as there is! Although I might correct the spelling to "You cum, I go".

12. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (November 18th, 2019)

Liked

Usually an hour is fine with me. I would not do an overnight. For me, have the sex, thank you very much, here is your money, perhaps we will meet again.
    Once in a blue moon I might ask the guy if he would like to have dinner with/on me, no more money for "extra" time. Just a nice meal and then he can be on his way. Very seldom do I ever have the same guy a second time.
    I do have a guy in Vancouver that I see once or twice each month, serves its purpose and it is very cheap. $40.00CAD

Liked

Before I liked to take boy for long vacation staying with couple of days but decided not to do it anymore most of the boys sleep long hours and wake up late this caused many conflicts I certainly didn't come to Thailand to waste my time in sleeping , also it's not easy to stay 24/7 with the same boy so for my upcoming trips most likely will do only short time .