Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thai boy(s) passport problems.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thai boy(s) passport problems.

A Thai boy I know from Boyztown went to Kuwait in August 2018 to become a Thai Masseur. He obtained a visa and work permit before departing and worked there for one year, in accordance with his documentation.

When the year was up last August he was tricked into signing up for another year but his visa and work permit were not renewed. His employer has kept his passport “to renew the documentation”, and now refuses to return it to him, making numerous excuses. They need more staff.

The guy wants to return to Thailand and can easily get an airline ticket but is stuffed by his employers illegal retention of his passport.
    There may be other issues too about his lack of current visa and work permit.

He is going to try the Embassy, but from what I have read, I doubt they will take much interest.

Anyone familiar with this and how he should proceed?i I’m sure it’s a familiar story but cannot find much on the internet.

I know this should perhaps be in the Gay World forum, but he is Thai and did work in Pattaya and I’m hoping it will get more replies here.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Thai boy(s) passport problems.

Sorry for your friends problem, I know a Thai guy who encountered a similar issue in Dubai.

He decided to go to the police for help as basically he was being held against his will, but the police (needless to say) actually detained HIM and brought him straight back to his employer and insisted that HE was the one in the wrong and that HE was in breach of Contract basically for trying to leave before his agreed work term had ended and that he'd no "right" to do so and strongly suggested that he 'kept in line with his contract and carry on working without further complaint " or HE would end up being the one at fault and end up getting prosecuted and jailed !

It ended up quite obvious to him that the employers and police were both working hand in hand re this with both him and several others Thai and Flipino staff that he knew it had happened to as well and as such he realised he was going to get no where.

So In the end he did just decide to work out his contract as he was near to the end of it anyway and so when other staff came on board and after a lot of moaning and generally being a pain in his employers ass he managed to get his passport back - albeit they docked his wages and didn't pay his promised end of contract "bonus" that he'd been promised as they said 'he'd left" previously, but it at least enabled him to get out of the Country, leaving as quickly as he could and he vowed he'd never to return there. I hope your friend has better luck - but I wouldn't bet on it from various reports that I've read :-(

Liked

Guess they MUST turn over passport to their employer's..BUT,,,,they need to find work where they can RETAIN their passport so they
    can leave any damn time they desire

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Guess they MUST turn over passport to their employer's..BUT,,,,they need to find work where they can RETAIN their passport so they can leave any damn time they desire
    Holding the worker’s passport is a characteristic of “modern slavery” the world over. Almost every story about trafficked sex workers in the First World, for example, mentions it. So it’s naive to suggest that somehow work can be found without surrendering the passport

Liked

This is too common a problem in the Middle East!! The Employers just trick the Employees. My friend in Saudi Arabia was accused of stealing from the shop where he worked. He finally decided to eat the cost of a Plane Ticket and dash back to the Philippines. He was lucky to have his Passport. In Kuwait the Filipinos have had such problems that the Philippine Govt has stepped in. Demanding the Kuwait Govt stop these "traffickers". In many cases the victims are women. It became a major Issue between the Govts. SO if he still has problems he should go directly to his Embassy! Hope they will protect him!!!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Are these boys working in these “deleted” countries forced to have sex with the customers?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (November 15th, 2019), Wolzek (November 15th, 2019)

Liked

I know this should perhaps be in the Gay World forum, but he is Thai and did work in Pattaya
    I think that's good enough reason for it to be posted here. So let's just leave it.

I recall a story by a member a few years back about a masseur friend of his in Pattaya who went to work in the Middle East as a masseur. He contacted his farang friend, pleading for help to escape back to Thailand. I believe his employer had retained his passport. I wonder what happened to him? The farang had generously offered to pay his airfare.

Knowing how the grapevine works in Pattaya I'm surprised word hasn't got out that for many, this is not a good career move.

I've heard of a number of massage guys who went to work in Korea during off-season and they apparently had more success.

Liked

A Thai friend recently told me he is planning to go to work in the Middle East. I advised against it. I hope he is clever enough to read about this on the internet.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    A Thai friend recently told me he is planning to go to work in the Middle East. I advised against it. I hope he is clever enough to read about this on the internet.
    ”clever enough”?? An interesting concept for a generation that believes Facebook to be the zenith of intellectual attainment and the source of all truth

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Are these boys working in these “deleted” countries forced to have sex with the customers?

Of course not. They fly them all the over to the Middle East and get them work VISAs for foot massages.