Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Seeming as how the gay presence . . .

Liked

Seeming as how the gay presence . . .

. . . seems to have imploded over the last few years here's a few photos (found on Google Maps) of The Only Gay in Hua Hin Village ~ just by pure serendipty as I was looking for something else.

New Guy Bar is of the Last Reminiscence Type in this town but the owner (Boss Tum) won't throw in the towel. I sit with him quite often and attempt to get his head around the capitalist concept of the 'Monopoly' ... and that most small businesses would die to have his luck.
    I recognize three of the boys in one of the photos, and they are all looking like they need a good meal.
    But ... if you are whining steadfastly that BKK and Pattaya ain't like it was 10 years ago, then take the fast boat across the Gulf of Thailand and visit Tum and his boys ~ whom I should add, change like the wind.
    There's some excellent pool sharks among them I assure you (the guy in black has beaten my ass many times) ... and they all know "Ronnie". If you can beat them they will be sure to go off with you as you certainly will be #1 to him.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/New+Guy+Bar/@12.5658611,99.9597112,3a,75y/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipPYuHv8e1QVkFIhH_hDZ-GngR_m96FhWMZa81Mt!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.goo gleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPYuHv8e1QVkFIhH_hDZ-GngR_m96FhWMZa81Mt%3Dw203-h163-k-no!7i1280!8i1028!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x30fc5a59716311f3 :0x30223bc2c367de0!2sHua+Hin+District,+Prachuap+Kh iri+Khan,+Thailand!3b1!8m2!3d12.568452!4d99.957722 3!3m4!1s0x30fdabb1b08b18f9:0x56fe3e13dd84ab4b!8m2! 3d12.5658452!4d99.9596677?hl=en

The catamaran from Pattaya to Hua Hin (and back): https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...oiowEnoECAwQBg
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: Seeming as how the gay presence . . .

The indications on the photos show that some were taken in 2013 and 2015?

Liked

One 2013 photo shows 6 boys around a table, of which 3 are to my taste. The one on the left is cute enough for me to overlook his tattoo.

In addition to the 6 around the table, the lad with his head partially visible behind the bar could be interesting. 3 from 6, maybe 4 from 7.

This is way better than 1 in 4 on my only visit to the bar in 2016. Eventually the cute one offered me a massage upstairs. This was a very rushed job, so he blew his chance of repeat business in the next couple of days.

Hua Hin is quite a nice little town and if the gay bar had an offer to match the 2013 photo, I would visit more frequently.
    Is the "Red Indian Bar" closed now ? (Or whatever it was called).

Liked

I was in Hua Hin for a short visit two weeks ago and can confirm that New Guy Bar is very friendly ; there were five boys available when I went there, including the very cute cashier.
    Red Indian is technically open but no boy and a sleeping bartender when I visited the place.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Makes Sunee Plaza look busy.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by llz View Post
    " ... Red Indian is technically open but no boy and a sleeping bartender when I visited the place... "
    That's about right. Even more deadly news for Red Indian is that the powers that be at the City Hall have announced they will be tearing down the dark and devious-looking area where Red Indian has been located for years. Unless Red Indian relocates it will be gone soon.

Regarding the photos in the OP Google links being old, Francois is probably right. But the place itself has exactly the same ambiance: Boss Tum HATES spending money on the decor. As for the boys, some are still there, and many have moved on. What's new in the world of Thai gay bars.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand