Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay on Topic Please

Liked

Re: Stay on Topic Please

Actually since living with my PH BF I've now come to understand that there seems to be only is ONE PH recipe that they all know and that's Chicken Bloody Adobo ! Dont these people know how to cook anything else !?? :- I AM ( slightly) joking above......but somedays it's not too far from the truth I assure you.....and even more so when his mother invites us for dinner for me only to ....it's been 6 years now eating chicken bloody adobo
    That is your just retribution in this world.
    In the underworld there is the Styx and its tributaries waiting to test your humility and virtue.
    Last edited by christianpfc; November 13th, 2019 at 14:29. Reason: fix quote

2. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (November 6th, 2019)

Liked

Welcome to the board deecruz. As mentioned topics here tend to meander rather than follow a strictly signposted path.

This allows members who never visit Pattaya to post multiple comments on Pattaya subjects and those who visit Thailand for perhaps 3 days a year to get involved in the conversation.

So it's all good.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    . . . On the more serious topics or ones where exact info is required etc then things tend to stay reasonably on topic and the answer is usually ( eventually) forthcoming, but where the topics aren't perhaps quite so serious or important then the conversation can tend to wander sometimes, usually ending up back where it started most times ! BUT on a board with a smaller membership such as our own it's that very divergence of conversation that can keep the board moving and alive and keep people coming back for a catch up.

Likewise sometimes that very divergence of conversation can open up whole new areas of conversation re the topic that hadn't previously been discussed. I personally always view this board more as walking into a bar and having a chat rather that a strict question and answer board - and I personally much prefer it that way. There are probably Pro and Cons for both systems, but that's how things tend to roll here it seems just so you know . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Welcome to the board deecruz. As mentioned topics here tend to meander rather than follow a strictly signposted path.

This allows members who never visit Pattaya to post multiple comments on Pattaya subjects and those who visit Thailand for perhaps 3 days a year to get involved in the conversation.

So it's all good.
    Well said NIrish-guy and arsenal, I could not have put it better myself.

Now, not for the first time, I had to Google (other search engines are available) a subject mentioned by another member. I speak of chicken adobo, as I’m sorry to say, I had never heard of it. And, can you believe it, the three Filipino lads I’m acquainted with through facebook never mentioned it during any of our text exchanges. Strange that, don't you think?

In the unlikely event there is anyone else out there unfamiliar with chicken adobo, please see the following:

Filipino chicken adobo

A tender braised chicken dish from the Philippines. The sauce is made from lots of garlic, fresh ginger, vinegar and soy sauce. Try different flavoured vinegars (apple or red wine) to find the flavour you like the best. You can add sliced fresh chillies if you like a bit of heat. You can marinate the chicken overnight before cooking it for a more intense flavour and colour.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/9239/...ken-adobo.aspx

The above, deecruz, is yet another example of how threads tend to meander on Sawatdee. But as your OP mentioned the Philippines and this post mentioned chicken cooked in the Philippines, a subject mentioned by other members, it is, although somewhat loosely, connected to your original topic. Quite simple really.

Now, deecruz, it is open to another member to refer to your OP and complain about the standard of moderation (which I happen to think it is superb and beyond reproach, but then some may accuse me of being biased) and thereby bring the discussion right back on to the main topic you initiated.

Hopefully, you found the above explanation and those of our fellow members helpful and we can look forward to you becoming a regular poster.

Liked

I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Sorry if I offended anyone on my comment on moderation. Maybe it's the actual platform. Noted that the post should be on the feedback section, I apologize. I am very much happy to give insights on gay scene in the Philippines maybe on a different thread or forum category. I need to check where or if some can direct me. I'm not complaining on the info/tips I'm getting here, very helpful to my future visit in Thailand. Will definitely post about my experience. I'm planning to attend GCircuit party on Songkran but ticket is 9500 Baht, yikes. Again, I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Have fun everyone

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Jellybean (November 7th, 2019), sglad (November 7th, 2019)

Liked

Jellybean wrote
    "Now, deecruz, it is open to another member to refer to your OP and complain about the standard of moderation (which I happen to think it is superb and beyond reproach,"

Hear hear.
    Three cheers.
    For he's a jolly good fellow.
    And so say all of us.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by deecruz View Post
    I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Sorry if I offended anyone on my comment on moderation. Maybe it's the actual platform. Noted that the post should be on the feedback section, I apologize. I am very much happy to give insights on gay scene in the Philippines maybe on a different thread or forum category. I need to check where or if some can direct me. I'm not complaining on the info/tips I'm getting here, very helpful to my future visit in Thailand. Will definitely post about my experience. I'm planning to attend GCircuit party on Songkran but ticket is 9500 Baht, yikes. Again, I appreciate all the comments/feedback. Have fun everyone
    Definitely no offence taken by the admin' team, deecruz, we are always happy to see new members join our happy band of brothers on Sawatdee.

Any topics relating to your gay experiences in the Philippines should be posted in the Gay World forum and reports on the GCircuit party and Songkran should be posted in the Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Now, deecruz, it is open to another member to refer to your OP and complain about the standard of moderation (which I happen to think it is superb and beyond reproach, but then some may accuse me of being biased) ....
    Come, come, Mr Jellybaby, I think you are an adornment to the Moderator team. You have lifted the standard of moderation into the stratosphere since the mean-spirited, vendetta-filled regime of your predecessor ended

Liked

There are few rules here deecruz. However one that is enforced is the well known LM law of Siam.

On one occasion a member was suspended for a month for willfully and knowingly breaking such laws. His endearingly child-like sulking over this continues to this day. However you're clearly a mature individual with sufficient self-esteem that this is unlikely to be an issue for you.

Or indeed anyone else on all three boards.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Na to be fair Frekky fairly much nailed it there just - but hey lets not open THAT can of worms again eh .......

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    There are few rules here deecruz. However one that is enforced is the well known LM law of Siam.

On one occasion a member was suspended for a month for willfully and knowingly breaking such laws. His endearingly child-like sulking over this continues to this day. However you're clearly a mature individual with sufficient self-esteem that this is unlikely to be an issue for you.

Or indeed anyone else on all three boards.
    Apposite