Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay on Topic Please

Liked

Stay on Topic Please

I signed up here because I'm planning to visit Bangkok soon. A lot of the members here are very informative but I also noticed that many veer away from the topic. I think moderation needs improvement. One member is asking about a massage place or a gogo bar then some will discuss another, others will just start talking about a totally different topic. A lot of the threads are repetitive and should be merged. I'm a member of a very good gay forum here in the Philippines which I'd like to share for those who plan to visit - frcentral.activeboard.com (except the default language is Filipino but majority can speak good English if you tell them you're a foreigner). This site is strictly moderated by the admins per topic and review e.g. massage place, dating sites, freelancers, etc per model/mb with a lot of field report pictures

Banned
    Liked

Re: Stay on Topic Please

Quote Originally Posted by deecruz View Post
    I signed up here because I'm planning to visit Bangkok soon. A lot of the members here are very informative but I also noticed that many veer away from the topic. I think moderation needs improvement. One member is asking about a massage place or a gogo bar then some will discuss another, others will just start talking about a totally different topic. A lot of the threads are repetitive and should be merged. I'm a member of a very good gay forum here in the Philippines which I'd like to share for those who plan to visit - frcentral.activeboard.com (except the default language is Filipino but majority can speak good English if you tell them you're a foreigner). This site is strictly moderated by the admins per topic and review e.g. massage place, dating sites, freelancers, etc per model/mb with a lot of field report pictures
    Quickest joiner of my Ignore list ever

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Quickest joiner of my Ignore list ever
    Lucky him.

Welcome to the forum, deecruz. I hope you'll stay and share your insights on the Philippines with us, which I'm sure many forum members will appreciate.

4. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (November 5th, 2019)

Liked

Since when are "Insights on the Philippines" located in the gay Thailand forum?
    As well, on the 'Deep-Moderation-For-Children idea, that's in the Feedback Forum.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 6th, 2019), frequent (November 6th, 2019)

Liked

Let me begin by echoing the comments expressed by sglad and by also welcoming you to the forum, deecruz. The Philippines is a country I am interested in visiting and I would certainly appreciate reading reports based on your local knowledge.

With regard to your comments on moderation, oh dear, despite a lifetime of trying to achieve an excellent or at the very least, a 'VG' marking, I note that my report card is still being marked, "[Jellybean] must try harder." Sadly, at this late stage in my life, I don't think there is any chance of the improvement I so earnestly desire, but I live in hope .

And lastly, as your post does not relate to Thailand, I trust that you of all people will understand that your topic should, in all strictness, be placed in the Feedback Forum. I shall however leave a 48 hour link to Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum to give your introductory post maximum publicity.

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 13th, 2019), frequent (November 6th, 2019), Khor tose (November 6th, 2019), Moses (November 5th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by deecruz View Post
    I signed up here because I'm planning to visit Bangkok soon. A lot of the members here are very informative but I also noticed that many veer away from the topic. I think moderation needs improvement.
    There are at least 3 gay Thai forums.

1 https://sawatdeenetwork.com
    2 https://www.gayguides.com/forums
    3 https://gaybuttonthai.com/index.php

As far as I know, the only one with moderating policies that require members to stay on topic in a thread is Gaybuttonthai.

Thank you for the link to the Filipino forum.

Liked

"Lucky him."

Yes. A title coveted beyond all others.

11. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (January 28th, 2020)

Liked

Now wouldn't it be nice to share some Pinoy recipes?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Now wouldn't it be nice to share some Pinoy recipes?
    SOME recipes !? - Actually since living with my PH BF I've now come to understand that there seems to be only is ONE PH recipe that they all know and that's Chicken Bloody Adobo ! Dont these people know how to cook anything else !?? :-)

* note I AM ( slightly) joking above......but somedays it's not too far from the truth I assure you.....and even more so when his mother invites us for dinner for me only to get there to be presented with yet MORE Chicken bloody abodo as she "thoght I'd like to try some real PH food" .......it's been 6 years now eating chicken bloody adobo, enough already !!!

PS to the OP, whilst the above is a bit off topic ( although you did mention the Phillipines of course) you'll find that this IS how we tend to roll here, it's not just as strictly moderated as you might be used too but it seems to work ( for most). Trust me we tried the heavy hadned moderation and that SO didn't work for most here I assure you.

On the more serious topics or ones where exact info is required etc then things tend to stay resonably on topic and the answer is usually ( eventually) forthcoming, but where the topics aren't perhaps quite so serious or important then the conversation can tend to wander sometimes, usually ending up back where it started most times ! BUT on a board with a smaller membership such as our own it's that very divergence of conversation that can keep the board moving and alive and keep people coming back for a catch up.

LIkewise sometimes that very divergence of conversation can open up whole new areas of conversation re the topic that hadn't previously been discussed. I personally always view this board more as walking into a bar and having a chat rather that a strict question and answer board - and I personally much prefer it that way. There are probably Pro and Cons for both systems, but that's how things tend to roll here it seems just so you know.

Welcome to the board none the less and we look forward to your posts ( and yes thanks for that link to your own PH's board too).

14. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (November 6th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    SOME recipes !? - Actually since living with my PH BF I've now come to understand that there seems to be only is ONE PH recipe that they all know and that's Chicken Bloody Adobo ! Dont these people know how to cook anything
    I recall walking into a store of the Philippino fast food chain Jollibee in 1999 and walking out again after a quick scan of what was on offer. I've never been back

16. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (January 28th, 2020)