Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
. . . On the more serious topics or ones where exact info is required etc then things tend to stay reasonably on topic and the answer is usually ( eventually) forthcoming, but where the topics aren't perhaps quite so serious or important then the conversation can tend to wander sometimes, usually ending up back where it started most times ! BUT on a board with a smaller membership such as our own it's that very divergence of conversation that can keep the board moving and alive and keep people coming back for a catch up.

Likewise sometimes that very divergence of conversation can open up whole new areas of conversation re the topic that hadn't previously been discussed. I personally always view this board more as walking into a bar and having a chat rather that a strict question and answer board - and I personally much prefer it that way. There are probably Pro and Cons for both systems, but that's how things tend to roll here it seems just so you know . . .
Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
Welcome to the board deecruz. As mentioned topics here tend to meander rather than follow a strictly signposted path.

This allows members who never visit Pattaya to post multiple comments on Pattaya subjects and those who visit Thailand for perhaps 3 days a year to get involved in the conversation.

So it's all good.
Well said NIrish-guy and arsenal, I could not have put it better myself.

Now, not for the first time, I had to Google (other search engines are available) a subject mentioned by another member. I speak of chicken adobo, as I’m sorry to say, I had never heard of it. And, can you believe it, the three Filipino lads I’m acquainted with through facebook never mentioned it during any of our text exchanges. Strange that, don't you think?

In the unlikely event there is anyone else out there unfamiliar with chicken adobo, please see the following:

Filipino chicken adobo

A tender braised chicken dish from the Philippines. The sauce is made from lots of garlic, fresh ginger, vinegar and soy sauce. Try different flavoured vinegars (apple or red wine) to find the flavour you like the best. You can add sliced fresh chillies if you like a bit of heat. You can marinate the chicken overnight before cooking it for a more intense flavour and colour.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/9239/...ken-adobo.aspx

The above, deecruz, is yet another example of how threads tend to meander on Sawatdee. But as your OP mentioned the Philippines and this post mentioned chicken cooked in the Philippines, a subject mentioned by other members, it is, although somewhat loosely, connected to your original topic. Quite simple really.

Now, deecruz, it is open to another member to refer to your OP and complain about the standard of moderation (which I happen to think it is superb and beyond reproach, but then some may accuse me of being biased) and thereby bring the discussion right back on to the main topic you initiated.

Hopefully, you found the above explanation and those of our fellow members helpful and we can look forward to you becoming a regular poster.