Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben & Lek "Gay friendly guesthouse?"

Liked

Re: Ben & Lek "Gay friendly guesthouse?"

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    As MFAS points out the location is far from Sunee and way off any baht bus routes, so be prepared to spend plenty on Mocy taxis... for a 30 day stay that could build up to a significant outlay.

The rooms look pretty awful and the "swimming pool" looks more like large plunge pool. With a name like "Ben and Lek" I'm guessing its run by a farang and his Thai GF, which would lead me to suspect that it might not be all that gay friendly, unless Mr.Ben and his friends are open minded. I also think that your potential Thai joiners may not be impressed by your lodgings, which may lead to a less than stellar performance.

Not sure what rate they are charging or whether your reservation is refundable, but you would be better off staying somewhere closer to the action and if budget is an issue maybe try Yensabai Condo?
    I don’t see how the Thai joiners performance would have anything to do with the place he’s staying at.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I'm a strong believer in the fact that, by and large, you get what you pay for. So if I'm only paying 300 baht or so per night I certainly wouldn't have high expectations of a comfortable stay.
    From my experience, both in long term rent and hotels, prices can vary by a factor of two.

When I was looking for a room in Bangkok, I had a look at 10 rooms and for similar standard and location, the most expensive cost twice as much per square meter than the cheapest.

When traveling in the provinces, I have favorite hotels in some towns (and I would stay there every time I'm in that town), and in other towns I am in rooms where I think "I pay less and get more in XXX", and go to a different hotel next time I'm in town.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by OldFool View Post
    And yes, will post a review of B&L if find the place worth it..
    Shades, here, of Miss Terry Diner (the Pattaya mail "restaurant critic" who claims to post only positive reviews because that's of most interest to the readership). Please don't censor yourself, OldFool. It is just as useful for all of us to know that a place is positively bad - and how - rather than just middling (which may make it acceptable at the price for some).
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Will do Marsilius. I have stayed in Mosaic, Howards, East Suites, Two Guys, View-Talay 1 and 2. and so forth. Totally ready to try something new again. I first came to P in November 2005, and had then a reasonable sufficient income and no need to think of "budget isues" Now retired, and willing to spend abt. 500€ for accomodation in order to be able to play the game of "Old Fool & two week millionare" as main priority.

And of my very first post in this forum, a bit surprised that an innocent simple guestion generated three pages worth of opinions.. Not bad.
    Thank You Kap and BRGDS Gentlemen.

5. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (December 8th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    1.When I was looking for a room in Bangkok, I had a look at 10 rooms and for similar standard and location, the most expensive cost twice as much per square meter than the cheapest.
    2.When traveling in the provinces, I have favorite hotels in some towns (and I would stay there every time I'm in that town)
    Just been reading this
    @1.True. And to add: places that label themselves as gay always seem to add a premium for that that can be as high as another 100% on top.
    BTW in Pty ther are hardly any places that could be considered as gay-unfriendly, if allowing male guests is what you mean by it. Some of those old style farang run guesthss with ladies included like in soi Post Off or so may still cling to such old fashioned ideas.
    @2.did that too, but be careful!! After a few yrs suddenly the owner changes, the place gets renovated or whatever and its all new with new prices too. See that in Banglamphu now on a gross scale happening.