Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Vietnam completely dead?

Liked

Re: Is Vietnam completely dead?

been twice, l;ast time was this June, No problems finding lads,
    plenty everywhere,, just open up your apps and eyes

Liked

I am just back from a trip to Bangkok and Hanoi and have visited both cities regularly for the last 5 years. Although i always enjoy a few days at babylon, the odd massage and visit to a boy bar in BKK, i really prefer Hanoi and i get a lot more sex there.

Although it has no gay scene beyond one very respectable bar, grindr is full of cute boys into older white guys (i am early 60's)and most are not money boys. Those that are ,tend to be upfront about it, which is not always the case in Bkk.

In Hanoi i always stay in a cheap self contained airbnb so there is no issue about guys coming round at all hours of the day and night and i usually end up hosting several group sessions, a few threeseomes as well as as much one to one as i can handle.

There are several small but busy saunas, this last trip i had several enjoyable afternoons and evening at spa Adam, which costs only 60,000 dong, not much more than 2 quid.

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (October 21st, 2019), goji (October 21st, 2019), Kowboy (February 23rd, 2020), poshglasgow (December 13th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Caled View Post
    In Hanoi i always stay in a cheap self contained airbnb so there is no issue about guys coming round at all hours of the day and night and i usually end up hosting several group sessions, a few threeseomes as well as as much one to one as i can handle.
    Puts a whole new perspective on Hanoi. How do you go about organising the group sessions and threesomes? Do you find one guy and he finds the others?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    Puts a whole new perspective on Hanoi.
    Certainly does, I thought Hanoi was a Gay Ghost Town

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Caled View Post
    In Hanoi i always stay in a cheap self contained airbnb so there is no issue about guys coming round at all hours of the day and night and i usually end up hosting several group sessions, a few threeseomes as well as as much one to one as i can handle..
    How do make sure the place is self contained? I once got an air bnb in Saigon, which advertised "Private Entrance". Turned out the door to the apartment was technically private, but you still had to wake up the landlord to get into the apartment building after 12.

That's Vietnam for you. Luckily, I only booked one night.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by extronaut View Post
    How do make sure the place is self contained? I once got an air bnb in Saigon, which advertised "Private Entrance". Turned out the door to the apartment was technically private, but you still had to wake up the landlord to get into the apartment building after 12.

That's Vietnam for you. Luckily, I only booked one night.
    I use AirBNB extensively but I never book a place that doesn't have reviews, and I never book without reading those reviews carefully first. They're usually informative, often mentioning points the owner hasn't (or decided not to) mentioned such as street noise, lack of an elevator, or the neighbours

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I use AirBNB extensively but I never book a place that doesn't have reviews, and I never book without reading those reviews carefully first. They're usually informative, often mentioning points the owner hasn't (or decided not to) mentioned such as street noise, lack of an elevator, or the neighbours
    the same here, curfew - is main point I check for booking in VN after private WC and shower...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I never book a place that doesn't have reviews, and I never book without reading those reviews carefully first.
    In this case there were a fair number of reviews on the property. All of them were glowing, and not one of them mentioned the little catch with the so-called "Private Entrance". I can only surmise that those other people didn't care. Some people actually aren't looking for a shagpad.

For me the ideal situation is a semi decent, full service 3+ star hotel, where the staff are nice and don't mind me bringing back a little friend for the night. And where little, invisible elves replace the cum stained sheets in the morning.

Got to admit, many of those AirBNBs look seductively good value though. But you never know what you're getting.

Liked

READING the reviews is essential anywhere outside the branded chains, not just Vietnam.

By reading the reviews it's possible to detect such things as:
    A high average review score, polarised with highly improbable 5 star scores against every item and real customers giving it a score of 2 out of 5.
    Hotels that rent rooms out by the hour, which may cause unreasonable noise at silly hours.
    Somewhere that attracts younger customers partying all night.

Also, be aware that review scores may be inflated. On Booking.com, considering the way they frame the questions and do the score calculation, a score of 6.5 is fairly poor and you should probably avoid it. I look for 7.0 and up.
    Any hotel that manages to score below 5 is probably one step removed from a pig farm.

11. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (October 24th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    READING the reviews is essential anywhere outside the branded chains, not just Vietnam.
    Hotel reviews on TripAdvisor are entertaining. I always pick the "Terrible" category first. It's often full of posters complaining that the hotel is somehow responsible for the outcome of an act of idiocy on their part, such as "I left my handbag on the dining room table when I went to the lavatory and when I came back 10 minutes later it had gone, together with the 500 dollars inside. Why didn't the hotel staff do a better job of keeping an eye on it?"