Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: bareback or not...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: bareback or not...

Having read many of Latin's posts over the years, I do not share the view that he is "choosing" to portray himself as a cyber villain, provocateur or satirist; my belief is that he expresses his views sincerely. As indeed he should. The fact is that most of us who have spent time in Thailand like the guys we meet, or have met, on the scene; this isn't "heroism", this too is sincere. And if we enjoy their company, whether it be for an hour of sanuk or for years, it is reasonable for us to be offended when guys like them are vilified.

An anecdote which reports unkindness , or worse, encourages us to put our loved ones, or friendly acquaintances, in their places and perhaps view the scene through their eyes.

Jonathon Swift's "Modest Proposal" which recommends the eating of Irish children to mitigate the effects of the famine has a powerful and disturbing message for humanity; he later speaks of "savage indignation" and how it "lacerates" his heart. I do not recall a single moment in Latin's postings which aims to encourage decency in our dealings with these guys. He means what he says, no more and no less.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 29th, 2020), snotface (August 28th, 2020)

Liked

Well said, Oliver. It's sglad who doesn't understand what satire is if he genuinely believes that latintopxxx is a satirist and isn't just saying it to satisfy some warped agenda of his own (which wouldn't be unusual). The power of satire stems from the knowledge that the satirist doesn’t really believe what he appears to be saying and, like you, I’ve never detected the slightest hint of implied decency in latintopxxx's posts. Hundreds of them. As for the suggestions here and elsewhere that latintopxxx is acting as some kind of accomplice of Moses to drum up business - well, we're in real looney conspiracist territory here. What a laugh!

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 29th, 2020), francois (August 28th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    No kidding.
    That's right, unlike you whose whole board presence is based round the pretence that you are a twenty-something Singaporean student of Chinese origin. All we know for certain about you is that you are an intelligent guy with anger-management issues who regularly slags off other posters through childish name-calling and crude insults. Your contempt for elderly farangs who consort with much younger Thais is obvious to everyone. Your ad nauseam 'jokes' about rigor mortis farangs in Pattaya are as predictable and unfunny as the latest Donald Trump tweet. So why do you hang around on a board where so much offends you? No normal person would stay for more than a day or two in those circumstances. I assume it's because the material excites you in some way you don't wish to acknowledge, hence the frequent personal attacks. In short, you're a hypocrite.

6. 8 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 29th, 2020), BenCH (August 29th, 2020), christianpfc (August 29th, 2020), francois (August 28th, 2020), goji (August 29th, 2020), Lotusleaf (August 29th, 2020), neddy3 (August 29th, 2020), pasiontop (September 7th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...everyone is sooooo offended......

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by snotface View Post
    That's right, unlike you whose whole board presence is based round the pretence that you are a twenty-something Singaporean student of Chinese origin. All we know for certain about you is that you are an intelligent guy with anger-management issues who regularly slags off other posters through childish name-calling and crude insults. Your contempt for elderly farangs who consort with much younger Thais is obvious to everyone.
    Kinda reminds me of MauRICE that used to hang around these parts, the venom and Asian persona is certainly the same. Although I think he used to claim to be Malaysian Chinese
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    Kinda reminds me of MauRICE that used to hang around these parts, the venom and Asian persona is certainly the same. Although I think he used to claim to be Malaysian Chinese
    Funnily enough that was my first thought when I first read his posts. But MauRICE had some verbal mannerisms that I've never spotted in sglad. Could still be him, there are definite similarities, but it's awfully hard to disguise one's writing style over a long period. I'm more inclined to believe that it's the poster formerly known as boygeenyus. Lots of similarities there too. Whoever it is he's clearly much more knowledgeable about Thailand AND gay message board history than any twenty-something Singaporean student would be or would probably want to be. It's fun to speculate but ultimately... who cares?

Liked

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 29th, 2020), gerefan2 (August 29th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wow...two accounts from the same IP.

These youngsters are so cleaver!

Liked

Latin has inadvertently triggered a witch-hunt and a second Spanish Inquisition...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whoever it is he's clearly much more knowledgeable about Thailand AND gay message board history than any twenty-something Singaporean student...It's fun to speculate but ultimately... who cares?
    Clearly YOU care. You’ve been chasing me around like a needy little dog for days now. Sglad this and sglad that. You’re obsessed with me and how young/old I am; you’ve mentioned my age and student status at least twice in this thread alone. Incidentally, I haven’t been a student in Thailand for almost three years now and will be 29 in February. In more than a thousand posts on this forum I think I’ve referenced my student status in Thailand less than twenty times and only when it was germane to the context of my posts. You are the one who’s titillated by it. When I signed on to this board almost four years ago, it didn't say students weren't allowed. All I had to attest to was that I was of legal age; if and when Moses introduces a requirement that I have to be over sixty, senile and living in Pattaya to join, I’d gladly withdraw my membership.

Speaking of Pattaya, I would think you’d have better and more fun things to do like frolicking in the sun with handsome young men than obsessing over someone whom you don’t even believe is real? What does that say about you?

That's right, unlike you whose whole board presence is based round the pretence that you are a twenty-something Singaporean student of Chinese origin.
    Again, the 20-something student reference. But this time said with a delightful racist sneer. Would it have soothed your superior colonial sensitivities if I were intelligent (your description) and white? But no, that’s not you. As a true colonial, you’d be a lot happier if I were brown, poor and dependent on you. a447 has said more than once that I couldn’t be Asian because of my strong English and writing skills (his description). So, you see, the problem is not me. It’s you and guys like you who can’t cope with bright, independent Asian guys who can not only stand on their own two feet but who can stand up against you in your OWN language and often times with wit and style. It just kills you, doesn’t it? My presence not only takes you away from your comfort zone but pierces the emotional, mental and physical colonial bubble that you’ve created for yourself in Thailand. Who is this upstart sglad and why isn’t he wai-ing and grinning at me, the grand Lord Snottyface – doesn't he want his hundred Baht tip?

So why do you hang around on a board where so much offends you? No normal person would stay for more than a day or two in those circumstances. I assume it's because the material excites you in some way you don't wish to acknowledge.
    I can ask you the same question. Why do you keep responding to latin’s posts if they so deeply offend you? You and Oliver seem to have an intimate knowledge of what he writes. Clearly you enjoy reading them in some perverse way, secretly wishing you could indulge in the same depraved (perhaps you already do) and humiliating practices to satisfy your deepest, darkest colonial desires. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you have a safari suit and pith helmet in your closet which you put on with sexy black lace stockings and six-inch stilettos when your Thai boy of the night comes over, begging him to whip and fuck you - “fuck me baby, I’ve been a bad master, fuck me RAW like the bad British hoe that I really am. Moisten my wrinkled white ass with your sumptuous native essence.” You might even organise this at a rubber plantation – you know, just to get the atmosphere right – and don’t forget to get your amah to prepare a tiffin for both of you to snack on after.

And for the record, this forum doesn’t offend me at all. It’s entertaining and it’s informative, for the most part, and I’d like to think that I’ve expanded the conversation by adding my perspectives of life in Thailand that go beyond Pattaya and the commercial sex industry. I know you don’t like this because, again, it disrupts your essentialist, monolithic view of the Thai people (ie “I see this in Pattaya and among sex workers and therefore it’s true of all Thai people”) and takes you away from your bubble/comfort zone and makes you doubt your own sense of self-worth and usefulness when you’re out of that zone. As always, it’s all about you.

As for the suggestions here and elsewhere that latintopxxx is acting as some kind of accomplice of Moses to drum up business - well, we're in real looney conspiracist territory here.
    Look who’s the loony now? When reason and argument fail, you resort to that old chestnut of painting your challengers as a hydra of this person or that person. All utter nonsense. When you haven’t got a leg to stand on, then perhaps it best to take a seat, instead of using the old sock puppet allegation as a prosthetic. Stick to what you’re good at – fictional writing about Thailand direct from your bar stool.

Whoever it is he's clearly much more knowledgeable about Thailand AND gay message board history than any twenty-something Singaporean student...
    Surely you know from your own circumstances that wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Curiosity, education, genetics, socio-economic background and a broad lived experience are some of the factors that may impact the knowledge that we acquire and how we process it. I’ve had and continue to have a fantastic, diverse association with Thailand through my education, work and social interactions for almost four years now, ten if you start counting from the time of my first visit in 2010. I speak, read and write the language confidently. Believe it or not, I can even order a cup of coffee from a street stall without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Latin has inadvertently triggered a witch-hunt and a second Spanish Inquisition...
    It sure looks like it, doesn’t it? Just goes to show what a great provocateur Latin is. And that ringing endorsement from Oliver has ensured three thousand more posts from Latintopxxx. All he has to do is unload some of his shit on this forum as he performs his 6 AM bowel movement. Lord Snottyface tries ten times as hard but doesn’t get half the amount of attention (even though he produces the same amount of shit). Perhaps that what irks him so.

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (August 30th, 2020), dinagam (August 30th, 2020), siscu58 (August 31st, 2020)