Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: bareback or not...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: bareback or not...

My experience mirrors latintop. I’ve been on PrEP for 5 years and sex is almost invariably bareback these days. I used to consistently use condoms but found about 5 years ago that partners were increasingly not bothering. The turning point for me was a hot Chinese guy in Macau who refused to meet up a second time unless he could top me raw. After that I resolved to find out about PrEP to protect myself (and my partners) as it is a recognised option for safe sex for HIV along with U=U or condoms. It doesn’t protect against STIs, that’s true, but I also got STIs when I used condoms. With PrEP you have to be tested for STIs every 3 months which makes PrEP users some of the safest for STIs (ie infections are identified quickly and treated). I can’t estimate how common barebacking in Thailand is overall but I found plenty of guys last year in Bangkok not using condoms.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (August 30th, 2020), ktq (August 25th, 2020), maump (September 14th, 2022)