Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New report states that there is "No single gene associated with being gay"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

New report states that there is "No single gene associated with being gay"

"A genetic analysis of almost half a million people has concluded there is no single "gay gene".
    The study, published in Science, used data from the UK Biobank and 23andMe, and found some genetic variants associated with same-sex relationships.
    But genetic factors accounted for, at most, 25% of same-sex behaviour."

[FONT=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#404040]Source :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49484490/

So, does this please us or upset us gays then I wonder........and so are we just a mix of nurture and nature then after all ?

Liked

Re: New report states that there is "No single gene associated with being gay"

Something of a relief. After all if it turned out you can become gay with the insertion of one gene then we'd be overrun.

Straights, excruciatingly bored of their dull lives would covet the gene and demand the NHS pay for them to have it inserted.

The NHS would say no and then the straights would claim that not being gay was a form of disablement and go to court.

Every sad and lonely left on the shelf 40 something would become gay and our reputation * as the world's most irresponsible fun seekers would be further damaged.

* The reputation has suffered immeasurable harm with those who choose to ape the straight world and think their chemical offspring's education is an interesting subject of conversation.

Banned
    Liked

Re: New report states that there is "No single gene associated with being gay"

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    [So, does this please us or upset us gays then I wonder........and so are we just a mix of nurture and nature then after all ?
    One old queen: “My mother made me a homosexual”
    2nd old queen: “Do you think she’d knit me one too?”