Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Is he gay, or just very Asian?

Liked

Is he gay, or just very Asian?

Met him at the park on Phạm Ngũ Lão during my last visit to Saigon in June. He was just one of a group of college students who were there to practice their English, though he was the most enthusiastic.

He is 20yo, small and slight, with a pretty face. I felt, very strongly, that he was flirting with me. I felt he was very obviously gay, into me, but he just didn't want to say it.

He asked if I would be willing to meet him in the park again someday soon, and of course, I said yes. Yay verily. Though I tried not to seen l seem too enthusiastic, as I didn't want to give the game away.

We Facebooked each other, and from then on, he was messaging me every day. I've experienced this scenario before, once in Laos, and there it turned out the boy was very gay, and jumped me as soon as he could get me alone. So that's how I assumed it was likely to play out here.

Then came the day we met again on Phạm Ngũ Lão, and to my surprise, he brought his entire retinue of college friends with him. Absolutely no chance of getting him alone now. No chance of discreetly inviting him back to my hotel room. I wondered if I'd been played. You little prick tease, I thought.

Anyway, as to be whether he is gay, on his Facebook account, he has lots and lots of selfies, all with myriad layers of beautification filters, to make himself look even more like some kind of teen heart throb pop idol. From his timeline photos, you can see he clearly has legions of very attractive young female friends, and yet his status is single.

He also has lots of pics and vids of himself practicing English with foreigners in the park. Like me, they are all white, middle-aged and stocky. And as with me, he is mincing a little bit extra as talks to them, and looks like he's blushing a little bit.

We still chat in Messenger regularly, ostensibly to practice his English He is constantly complementing me. Is he still buttering me up, or is he just practicing his charm? I don't know. And he is always sending me hug and kiss emojis. Is that gay enough? Well, Vietnamese people are very tactile.

I have asked him in chat whether he is actually "interested in women" at all. He replied "yes! I very much like pretty lady ." He says he hopes to marry some day, but he wants to make sure the girl he marries is pure and virginal.

So is he gay? Well, I'm curious.

But at the end of the day, that's his business and it really doesn't matter. I would certainly like to fuck him, or someone who looks like him. But for the life of me, I can't imagine him getting dirty and nasty the way I like it. He just seems too innocent. Meanwhile, I have to admit, I find his company delightful, and hope we continue to be friends.

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 5th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Is he gay, or just very Asian?

Quote Originally Posted by extronaut View Post
    I have asked him in chat whether he is actually "interested in women" at all.
    So, it seems logical then, in view of your wonderings to just ask him then too "so are you ever interested in guys then ?) - why not, what have you to loose ?

Liked

not gay, IMHO. I have met quite a few like him in Asia.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    So, it seems logical then, in view of your wonderings to just ask him then too "so are you ever interested in guys then ?) - why not, what have you to loose ?
    That's a very good question. I don't know the answer. I think maybe, I don't want to risk getting too deep and personal with him.

I only asked him whether he was interested in girls because he brought the issue up, mentioning to be that he's never had a gf.

But my experience in Asia is that people there put a big premium on *discretion* in regards to sex life issues. It's very taboo. So I'll only go into that subject if he leads me there.