Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hua Hin, Bangkok by myself: anyone wants to hang out?

Liked

Hua Hin, Bangkok by myself: anyone wants to hang out?

Hi, everyone, I have been a lurker on this amazing forum ever since my first trip to Thailand. Just like almost all of you, I fell in love with this country.
    I am visiting Thailand again for a short vacation, this time by myself, after a recent breakup with my boyfriend of 12 years. I got him to love Thailand, too, and now he can just stay home in nasty Bucharest while I will have a cocktail on the beach in Hua Hin, ha!
    Anyways... I am not so used to travelling alone so it would be great if anyone would like to hang out!
    Hua Hin: 9 Aug - 14 Aug
    Bangkok: 14 Aug - 19 Aug.
    I like exploring, having a cocktail at a skybar, hanging out and people watching (unjudgementally, partying, and whatever.
    Here is a link to my couchsurfing profile. I hope I am not breaking a rule.. : https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/tudork
    Thanks for your time and thanks for all the great travel reviews and tips I have enjoyed reading here!

Liked

Re: Hua Hin, Bangkok by myself: anyone wants to hang out?

I'm very fond of Hua Hin, although the gay scene there has been quietly withering away for years.

Socially though it's a lovely place, where you can make genuine friends in the bars, both Thai and Farang. The brash nasty element that pervades Pattaya is absent, it's a lot cheaper than Bangkok, and unlike Chiang Mai the air is always clean.

Do be very careful if you venture into the sea - there are rip tides, eddies and submerged rocks covered in razor sharp barnacles. There are casualties daily.. If you want to go swimming, take a baht bus up to Khao Takiab, which is much safer, and the water cleaner.

And if you fancy getting a little exercise stomping through the jungle for an hour or so, check out the Hash House Harriers https://h2h3-cah3.weebly.com/ - it's essentially a club for 'drinkers who have a running problem' who really welcome newbies and will happily organise a lift for you to the meeting point. 90% of those who take part walk rather than run, so don't worry if you're none too fit. They meet every Saturday.

As for sex, well, there's only about one and half gay bars at the moment, although it's not hard to find a ladyboy if they float your boat..

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

When in Hua Hin message Smiles all he has is time!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

4. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (July 31st, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    When in Hua Hin message Smiles all he has is time!
    And when in Pattaya look out for bars which seem to have had toilet doors torn off lately. MFAS can give you the low-down on that. Drinking issues.

Old Git has given some good ideas regarding Hua Hin. I'm especially intrigued with a Hua Hin group apparently known as "Drinkers who have The Runs problem". Wouldn't you think so?

Me and my Old Man have lived here for 11 years -- love it here -- and you are quite welcome to send me a PM (private message) through this message board function. Just click on my board name in blue and click on 'Private Messages'.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Old git View Post
    If you want to go swimming, take a baht bus up to Khao Takiab, which is much safer, and the water cleaner.
    Unfortunately, the green songtheo does not reach the beach (Suan Son Pradipat Beach - has its own railway station and tourist trains from Bangkok), or the pier for the boat to Pattaya at the northern end of the beach. It's about 1 km walk, which I did after taking the boat from Pattaya to Hua Hin.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Does huahin have a gay beach? any particular area popular with gays one should book a hotel

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    Does huahin have a gay beach? any particular area popular with gays one should book a hotel
    No - there's no zoning in the town. The main nightlife area is known as the Bintablock - an area surrounded by Soi Bintabaht, Poonsuk Rd, Soi Selakam and an unnamed alley. There are loads of guesthouses around that area and no-one bats an eyelid as to who you take back to your room.

There's another nightlife area on Soi 80 which is a little cheaper and preferred by many permanent residents. Between the two are the only gay bars - New guys bar, which is a bar and massage establishment and Red Indian bar, which is tiny and open erratically, which is just a pick up joint for boys.

Being a royal town, the burghers don't allow go-go bars in Hua Hin, but few regret that..