Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimee's ban

Liked

Angry Minimee's ban

Minimee left us today for rule 3.1.1 violation. I have zero tolerance to such violations. Once again: zero.

Even minimal attempt to destroy member's anonymity on forum will always lead to permanent ban.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (July 26th, 2019), Nirish guy (July 26th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Minimee's ban

Scotty would have been delighted...!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

That's sad.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yep sad that he intentionally posted a pic knowing FULL well that it was against board rules - yep, very sad indeed, I dont know what he was thinking - but whatever it was someone who's prepared to do that on this board - we can do without IMHO.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (July 27th, 2019)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

So whose photo was it and did he mind? Must have been a farang as posting photos of thais with a link to their social media page seems acceptable.

Of course Minimee could be a pain, but he sometimes made a succinct point too.

Permanent ban seems draconian for one action, not to say an encouragement to rejoin with different credentials.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    So whose photo was it and did he mind? Must have been a farang as posting photos of thais with a link to their social media page seems acceptable.

Of course Minimee could be a pain, but he sometimes made a succinct point too.

Permanent ban seems draconian for one action, not to say an encouragement to rejoin with different credentials.
    It's also OK to post a photo that purports to be of oneself - cdnmatt has done so on at least two occasions I can recall

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    So whose photo was it and did he mind? ........ Permanent ban seems draconian for one action.......... not to say an encouragement to rejoin with different credentials.
    It's actually irrelevant who's photo ( doctored or otherwise) was posted ( and yes I'm sure he did mind - as it wasn't even my good side ! lol) - but in all seriousness on a board where anonymity is the key to everything and we all post what we post strictly on that basis and are assured of that by the board rules etc, if not common decency between each other - then when a long standing member, who is and was FULLY aware of that rule and the seriousness of same blatantly chooses for whatever ( twisted reason ) to go ahead and "post and be damned" - then damned they should be - for ALL our sakes.

I like others remember only too well how Neal used to use information like that in all sorts of twisted ways resulting in threats to contact employers and all sorts of evil things, just depending on what day it was and what meds he was on. So if again for WHATEVER twisted reason a member blatantly chooses to try and "out" a member ANY member here then as per board rules ( and again common decency between us all) then they should absolutely be shown the door immediately I think.

And yes you're right they can no doubt log in again at some time and some place and that's a matter for the Mod's, but it still doesn't mean we should all condone their actions the first time round. Several members here all know each other in passing and are aware of our images on numerous other sites etc, but just because we CAN all grab each others pics and "use them" for our own petty kicks and twists depending on our mood we DONT as a) it's against the rules here, plus b) it's just not very nice and finally c) IF we all believe we maybe better not post "whatever" in case it comes back to haunt us later in some way, well, that can hardly make for an interesting board either.

So, whilst I've no particular feeling re Minimee per se as a poster ( I always assumed he was a hydra anyway personally) I DO object to his actions and I believe for the sake of ALL of us, banning someone who posts ANY of our pics or other personally identifying information - just because they can - SHOULD lead to a permanent ban for ALL our sakes as to be clear this wasn't I believe some innocent mistake where a simple "opps sorry let me delete that" would have sufficed but not, it was a deliberate intentionally ( twisted) action, where time and effort had gone into an saving image, editing it, posting it and I believe also sending other ( twisted) messages elsewhere again to entice a response.....for whatever reason I have NO idea. But all I know, warped people / posters like that, the board can only be better off without - IMHO.

10. User who gave Like to post:

goji (July 27th, 2019)

Liked

The board rules are clear & I fully support bans for this.

Ideally a reasonable effort would be made to obstruct the individual from coming back with an different ID as well. [e.g. no account from the old e-mail, IP address or whatever]

I haven't seen any of the dissenters queuing up to post their own self photographs & ID either.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (July 28th, 2019), Jellybean (July 27th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    The board rules are clear & I fully support bans for this.

Ideally a reasonable effort would be made to obstruct the individual from coming back with an different ID as well. [e.g. no account from the old e-mail, IP address or whatever]

I haven't seen any of the dissenters queuing up to post their own self photographs & ID either.
    Very well put, goji, as you say, members are perfectly free to post their own self photographs. But what they are certainly not entitled to do, is post photos of other members without their express permission and without first advising the Moderators of their intention to do so. (See rules 3.1.1 & 3.1.2)

14. User who gave Like to post:

goji (July 28th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have searched high and low....where are the rules hidden?