List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well fuck Etihad Airways that’s all I can say !

Banned
    Liked

Re: Well fuck Etihad Airways that’s all I can say !

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    One point, would you like to name & shame the airline ? I think they deserve it.
    Can you name (with evidence) a single airline whose business has suffered significantly recently because they have been "named and shamed"?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Can you name (with evidence) a single airline whose business has suffered significantly recently because they have been "named and shamed"?
    That’s an easy one. Ryanair.

Ryanair were named and shamed by the UK CAA for giving misleading information about compensation when they had insufficient pilots to fly their aeroplanes. The pilots ran out of hours and most had to take time off towards the end of the year.

The UK CAA instructed Ryanair to withdraw their “advice” to customers and issue correct guidelines.

Ryanair made substantial losses over the incident from lost revenue, lost flights and having to pay additional compensation.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Ryanair were named and shamed by the UK CAA for giving misleading information about compensation when they had insufficient pilots to fly their aeroplanes. The pilots ran out of hours and most had to take time off towards the end of the year.
    Quite - Ryanair were named and shamed by a regulator. I want evidence of an airline that's been named and shamed by wankers stamping their foot over real or imagined misdemeanours

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It was the general public that forced the regulator to take the action. Read about it ...

Banned
    Liked

It was the general public that forced the regulator to take the action. Read about it ...
    You'll be able to direct me to a newspaper will you? Oh, I forgot, you don't trust newspapers, never read 'em

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well, if you’re not happy about that one what about the man who objected to being off loaded from an American flight and was forcible dragged off the aircraft. It went viral if you remember.

That was just one man stamping his foot and cost that Airline dearly.

Liked

Ryan Air lost my goodwill when they started charging to carry my previously Ryan Air compliant Cabin Max luggage on board.

This luggage goes under the seat in front, so no capacity issue. However, last year they wanted ~£30 to take it on board when I was trying to book. I used a different airline and haven't yet flown with the greedy ****s since that charge. The "free" bag size they now have is barely large enough for a couple of changes of underwear.

Wizz are also bastards, with a website that makes booking as painful as possible, whilst you try to select what you need and nothing more.
    They annoyed me a few years back by failing to provide the speedy boarding I had paid for departing Budapest. I often saunter on at the last moment & miss all this, but as I had a front row extra legroom seat, it's preferable to get the bag in an overhead bin by row 1, not row 10.
    Myself & the other middle aged guys in the same boat gave their staff some serious grief for that foul up.

Banned
    Liked

Well, if you’re not happy about that one what about the man who objected to being off loaded from an American flight and was forcible dragged off the aircraft. It went viral if you remember.

A five-minute Internet wonder with no lasting impact. What it was not, however, was some pathetic individual stamping his foot and shouting “I’ll never fly with you again” and thinking that such “naming and shaming” will make the slightest difference

But I’m intrigued how you know “it went viral” because as you’ve told us you haven’t read a newspaper for years. You now trust everything you see and read on the Internet do you? What a credulous person you must be

Liked

Actually, any losses were very slight and very short-term despite all of the uproar.

10. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (July 12th, 2019)

Liked

Still no posts; NIrish must really be getting some consolation....