List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well fuck Etihad Airways that’s all I can say !

Liked

Re: Well fuck Etihad Airways that’s all I can say !

I'm certain Nirish must be in here somewhere. He might be at 4:16.
    This guy especially is after red meat!

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

The carrier at fault is Aer Lingus. The Aer Lingus flight was late and you missed your connection. The door may have been closed in front of you but the flight will have been “closed” a while before that and the dispatcher will have been on board to hand over the final manifests etc from which you will have already been excluded. Irritating - but your flight was late. You were put up in an hotel and reprotected onto a TG service the next morning. Depending on how late you arrived into Bangkok compared to your original scheduled arrival time, you may be entitled to EU261 compensation provided the Aer Lingus delay was not due to issues outside its control (eg adverse weather or air traffic control issues). If your arrival time into Bangkok was more than 3 but less than 4 hours after the scheduled arrival, you are entitled to €300 and if over 4 hours €600 compensation. If your flight number was prefaced EI (Aer Lingus) you must make the claim against Aer Lingus. Complete the form at https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fo...ravel-enquiry/ If the flight number was a codeshare with EY(Etihad) IATA code, then you have the option of making the claim against Aer Lingus as operating carrier or Etihad Feedback@etihad.ae You should make your claim attaching a copy of your booking and specifically requesting an EU261 compensation payment. You should also specify actual arrival time of the TG flight you were reprotected onto compared to the scheduled arrival time of the Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi. Good luck - hope you get your €600 payment promptly.

3. 7 Users gave Like to post:

atri1666 (July 22nd, 2019), Brad the Impala (July 6th, 2019), frequent (July 6th, 2019), Jellybean (July 7th, 2019), joe552 (July 7th, 2019), snotface (July 6th, 2019), Wolzek (July 7th, 2019)

Liked

I have just read some reports on Air Line review site , and air lingus has very bad reviews

Liked

NIRISH, you should post this misadventure on Flyertalk.com.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    We were then then instructed to go get our backs from a particular carousel,...
    Why did you have to get your backs from the carousel? Were you being fucked assembly-line style?

Liked

2 days have passed and no further word from NIrish from which we may conclude that he has either burst a blood vessel or that he has safely arrived and is now availing himself of the consolations that only Thailand can provide.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    The carrier at fault is Aer Lingus.
    ...the Aer Lingus delay was not due to issues outside its control (eg adverse weather or air traffic control issues).
    It might even be another airline's or airport's fault, or technical problems. I once waited 6 hours for a flight because the plane that was going to take me took off delayed.

But luckily, that one and another delay (Bangkok-Kiew-Berlin, the flight from Bangkok delayed to I didn't get my connection to Berlin, but had to wait some hours for the next flight to Berlin, even had to stamp in and out of Ukraine) were within my buffer zones and not such a mess as NIrish describes.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    If your arrival time into Bangkok was more than 3 but less than 4 hours after the scheduled arrival, you are entitled to €300 and if over 4 hours €600 compensation.
    Some airlines will sneakily try to get out of their obligations under EU law with a crafty scam. I was delayed at Cancun airport by a faulty aircraft and the need to fly engineers and replacement parts out from the UK to Mexico. The total delay was 32 hours. The airline put us up in a good hotel overnight, but when it came to the monetary compensation due under EU regulations it was another matter entirely. When we eventually disembarked at the UK, the crew gave out a form to each passenger. It was confirmation from the airline that we had been genuinely delayed and we were told that if we submitted this to our own travel insurers it would be sufficient to guarantee a no-questions payout.

What we were NOT told, however, was that in most cases a claim based on a normally-priced personal travel insurance policy would only pay out about, say, 150 euros or so. And the crucial point is that if you claim on your own personal travel insurance policy you cannot thereafter make a claim against the operating airline under the terms of the EU regulations. So not only do you get far less compensation overall, but the operating airline is not out of pocket at all.

I think that the airline relies on passengers not knowing their EU rights and also thinking that the airline is doing them a favour by giving them the written confirmation of delay and advising them how to use it to make a (substandard!) claim. Beware!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

AsDaRa (July 8th, 2019), christianpfc (July 9th, 2019), goji (July 11th, 2019), Jellybean (July 10th, 2019)

Liked

PS Just in case you were worried (!), I ought to add that I was among the cannier folks who spent their extra 32 hours in Cancun doing a bit of internet research on the subject. As a result, I ignored the airline's document and suggested course of action, filled out a request to the airline for direct compensation under the EU regulations (you can find online a useful template for how to word it) and, within a very short time, received the full 600 euros in the post.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 10th, 2019), goji (July 11th, 2019), joe552 (July 10th, 2019)

Liked

Thank you for sharing that Marsilius. One of the most useful posts I have read for quite some time.

In some cases, I believe the law requires companies to inform customers of their rights. In other cases, companies offering something back to customers have statements like "your statutory rights are not affected". With the airlines, it seems they try to make sure you become ineligible for your statutory rights.

One point, would you like to name & shame the airline ? I think they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    Some airlines will sneakily try to get out of their obligations under EU law with a crafty scam. I was delayed at Cancun airport by a faulty aircraft and the need to fly engineers and replacement parts out from the UK to Mexico. The total delay was 32 hours. The airline put us up in a good hotel overnight, but when it came to the monetary compensation due under EU regulations it was another matter entirely. When we eventually disembarked at the UK, the crew gave out a form to each passenger. It was confirmation from the airline that we had been genuinely delayed and we were told that if we submitted this to our own travel insurers it would be sufficient to guarantee a no-questions payout.

What we were NOT told, however, was that in most cases a claim based on a normally-priced personal travel insurance policy would only pay out about, say, 150 euros or so. And the crucial point is that if you claim on your own personal travel insurance policy you cannot thereafter make a claim against the operating airline under the terms of the EU regulations. So not only do you get far less compensation overall, but the operating airline is not out of pocket at all.

I think that the airline relies on passengers not knowing their EU rights and also thinking that the airline is doing them a favour by giving them the written confirmation of delay and advising them how to use it to make a (substandard!) claim. Beware!