Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eva Air cancel hundreds flights due strike

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Eva Air cancel hundreds flights due strike

I see Eva Air have cancelled 600 flights for tomorrow, 24 June, inconveniencing 105,000 passengers. Apparently cabin attendants are going on strike.
    All flights from Bangkok to London and back are canecelled until at least 26 June according to their booking site.
    More information here https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3728476
    Hope it’s sorted before I fly home on 11 July!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Eva Air cancel hundreds flights due strike

How do you stand there re compensation etc if they DO cancel your flight home - do EU rules kick in ? i.e will you be getting another flight home them or another airline AND a large cheque at the end of it all then ( if so great !)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The website says that IF you booked direct with the airline they will arrange another flight. If you didn’t then to consult your travels agent. I booked through an agent. I’m hoping it’s all sorted by then...fingers firmly crossed.

Liked

One of the reasons I prefer to book directly with the airline.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes Joe, I’m beginning to think that the extra £50 or so may be worth it!

6. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 24th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Yes Joe, I’m beginning to think that the extra £50 or so may be worth it!
    If I exclude the most dodgy of the booking companies, the difference is usually nearer to £10 ~ 25.
    There may often be one booking company about £25 below all the rest, but I've never heard of them and when clicking through to their site, there is a phone number to call. At that point, I quit and have a choice between booking direct, or through a reputable booking company.
    Direct means less chance of fouling up my meal reservation & so on, so I go direct.

Liked

I always use a booking site and in my experience it makes zero difference to anything. Once you've booked you become the airline's customer and passenger with all the same entitlements as someone who booked direct.

'Stuck' in Thailand during the airport sit in I contacted Jet (sadly now defunct but they had the most attractive cabin crew boys ever) direct and arranged everything through them despite having booked through Opodo. And recently for a flight booked with trip.com I then contacted Cathay to tell them I'd fucked up slightly and only had an hour in Hong Kong to change planes. They too did the business and whisked me through to the connecting flight.

Flights cancelled while you're in Thailand. Thank you, don't mind if I do. Cancelled while still in your home country. Hurricane levels of fury and frustration.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Cancelled on day of departure from LHR? An hour's delay is enough to infuriate me....that first night in BKK (alone, as it happens) is always one of my favourites. Any late arrival screws-up my plans.
    I continue to recommend EVA's air-miles scheme; excellent lounges in BKK and LHR (shared) and preferential treatment if there's a problem. Plus one up-grade from Premium to Business Class every three round -trips- which for me means once a year.
    The longest delay I've had on EVA ( seventy round trips) is three hours. It's a good record. A recent customer survey reported in the UK media last month rated it third in terms of customer satisfaction world-wide.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Of the three airlines that fly direct from LHR to BKK, Eva wins hands down.

Oliver..is that one free upgraded round trip for every three journeys or is it one single flight which is upgraded?

Arsenal...yes it’s ok to be stuck here but there is the question of an overstay...UK travel arrangements...some work days...hmmm ....anyway I hope it is all settled by my departure date.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Alas! one journey only. I always choose the return. My morale on the outward flight is much higher...and I need cheering-up on the way home. One word of warning; as I found out this year to my chagrin, the very cheapest prices (I think they call them "special) do not allow upgrades. Read the small print.