Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Dining Options Next to Tuk Com

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Dining Options Next to Tuk Com

Three come to mind:

Petite Planet: Consistent offering good food and service at reasonable prices.
    Deli Dinner: Good full breakfast, nice staff, good lunch & diner at reasonable prices.
    Cuisine Au Beurre: Cooking staff big turnover, lack of consistency, morning and lunch nothing special, evenings are best as there is a relatively good cook working most evenings. also reasonably priced.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dining Options Next toTuck Com

I agree about Le Petite Planet. The three course dinner is remarkably good value. The food reminds me of Left-Bank bistros in Paris in the 1970s....but minus the rude waiters. And the cigarette smoke.

Liked

La petite planète

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Cuisine au Beurre....never again

Went there the other day and ordered the 3 course meal. I can’t remember whether it was lunch time or evening. The soup arrived and it was fine.

After a long gap the waiter came and asked me what I had ordered for the main course. I told him and five minutes later it turned up. I was getting suspicious.

It was literally stone cold.

He said I could reorder something else. I said NO, give me the check bin and I walked out.

I’ve never been impressed with the place, but this was the final straw.

I only went there because Deli diner was closed (Monday).

Liked

Re: Dining Options Next to Tuk Com

On the opposite side of TukCom is Osakka, a Japanese restaurant that is quite good and reasonably priced. And close to Cuisine Au Beurre and Petite Planet is the Wine Bar also serving some form of food.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That wine bar has a pretty poor selection of food available and has had some mediocre write ups here before.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    That wine bar has a pretty poor selection of food available and has had some mediocre write ups here before.
    Yes, but to someone accustomed to meatloaf and Mont Clair, the Wine Bar is like a Michelin-starred restaurant.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Cuisine au Beurre....never again

I’ve never been impressed with the place, but this was the final straw.

I only went there because Deli diner was closed (Monday).

I used to see the owner and chef on the premises regularly but haven’t seen her in a long time.........yes I do get the impression that something is not right here.
    It is a good location, I wish another restaurant would open there.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Yes, but to someone accustomed to meatloaf and Mont Clair, the Wine Bar is like a Michelin-starred restaurant.
    Wrong again, sglad! I have eaten at the Wine Bar one time and that was the last time.

Liked

We could collectively re-name that soi 'Food Street', such are the number of places to eat there.

Cuisine au Buerre has the best location and is bigger but is currently in the unenviable position of being more expensive but worse quality that the other two. The extra 60 baht or so is meaningless and would not influence my decision if it was as good as before.

DD and LPP are on a par and it all depends on the menu available as to which I decide. A full on DD probably wins by a nose but only when the awesome cook and absolutely gorgeousfantabulous * lady owner is cooking. A little inconsistency has crept in recently. LPP is always good value and serves decent western food nicely prepared and presented. Both offer exceptional value with a three course dinner costing less than a microwaved ready meal in Wetherspoons.

* She returned 3000 baht I had dropped in the restaurant with the help of one of the massage boys next door who told her I pass by there regularly. He got 500 baht and she got a bunch of flowers.

11. 6 Users gave Like to post:

francois (June 29th, 2019), gerefan2 (June 28th, 2019), joe552 (June 28th, 2019), Manforallseasons (June 28th, 2019), neddy3 (June 28th, 2019), splinter1949 (June 28th, 2019)