Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a smartphone?

Liked

Should I buy a smartphone?

I'm a real technophobe. I have an old Nokia mobile phone, which I mainly use to store phone numbers, which I call from my landline. Would it be worth buying a low end smartphone for my trip? The main thing would be access to emails - things like flight details, taxi company, etc. If so, any recommendations? I have a Vodaphone store and a Carphone Warehouse store nearby.

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Should I buy a smartphone?

My God. That people without a smartphone in the West still exist. This is my biggest surprise for today. Even my old mother has a smartphone.

Yes buy one. You have electricity at home also? And indoor toilet ?

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (June 28th, 2019), joe552 (June 28th, 2019), Smiles (June 28th, 2019)

Liked

Smartphone is a must nowdays for taxi applications,chating with boys on line, mails,hotel reservations and so on.
    I was in the same situation like you till my visit on 2015 at Thailand it was almost impossible to get by without a smartphone and the Thai boys make fun of my old mobile phone . when I came back home I immediately bought a smartphone.

5. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 28th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes Yes Yes Joe - and install Grindr etc - it'll be a game changer for you I assure you !!!! ( plus it's also very handy for flight apps and hotel sites and email etc.....but hell who cares about that as did I mentioned Grindr etc......what with you being SUCH a slut and all !! :-) lol

In all seriousness though YES ! Immiedautely as your question is now akin to someone asking should I leave this slate and piece of chalk behind and switch over to pens and paper perhaps ? Things are literally THAT far moved on now, get with the programme Mister, you wouldn't want all those Thai boys thinking you were ( any more) over the hill ( than we / you already are now would you :-)

7. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 28th, 2019)

Liked

Since you are already familiar with an old Nokia mobile, you should take the leap into the new realm of smartphone with the aid of Nokia 2.2 now available for around €90. You and the boys will love it.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Since you are already familiar with an old Nokia mobile, you should take the leap into the new realm of smartphone with the aid of Nokia 2.2 now available for around €90. You and the boys will love it.
    Why; does it double as a dildo?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Why; does it double as a dildo?
    For all the good it works he might as well shove it up his arse !

Joe I know money always has to be considered but don’t buy the cheapest of cheap smart phones, they’re as slow as fuck and forever closing down or not able to the modern apps you’ll want - you’re going to have this phone a while I’m guessing so spend a bit more to get something a bit more up the scale - you can pick up loads of half decent phones second hand now for not a lot of money.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 28th, 2019), Maxwell (July 24th, 2019)

Liked

Oh! not a second hand phone, heaven knows what likelihood of it being part of the contraption that fitted well with sglad 's dildos, the ultimate joystick!

13. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 28th, 2019)

Liked

Smartphones are really useful.
    e-mail. Grindr. Google maps. Hornet. On line banking. Planet Romeo. Weather Forecasts. Blued etc.
    Plus reminder lists, camera, audio player etc.

So getting one is a good idea. I think some of the Motorola budget models were well reviewed, but you should google "budget smartphone reviews" or something like that, since I am absolutely NOT an expert.
    Note: I'm pretty sure the Motorola phone brand was flogged off to someone else, however they certainly did have a reasonable reputation for making phones without too much crap added on top of the Android software.

Finally, only go for a very low spec phone if you are 100% sure you're not going to end up using it way more than originally planned.

If you might just use it a lot, including back home, probably best to go for something with say 4GB of RAM and 64 or 128GB of storage.

Then you will want a Thai SIM card. I guess it's going to cost you ~200 for a couple of weeks with a good data allowance. One saved off fee pays for this.

15. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 28th, 2019)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

No need for this much discussion......Answer Yes!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"