Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More on Boyztown

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: More on Boyztown

The tragedy for hotels like Copa and Ambiance is that the quality of the rooms they are offering- particularly the penthouse suites- is far superior and more competitively priced than elsewhere.
    For years, there was an understanding among the different businesses in Boyztown that they needed each other. Success was shared; a busy, vibrant environment benefitted all.
    Now that times are tougher, it appears that they are disinterested in the success of the soi as a whole. How else to account for the business model of LCR which appears to be to attract young people from other parts of Pattaya to a noisy late night venue (0100-0300 plus) to what was once a predominantly gay soi. Many gay customers are deserting the soi for Jomtien and once popular gay venues are all but empty. And are the numbers at LCR worth this? not that I could see....but as I said earlier, others may have more experience of what's happening there than me.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This is the scene in Boyztown tonight. Looks really dismal and this is my first night in Pattaya this time round. Cup idol had a few statues on the stage and I was the only customer. Toyboys full. No red carpets at BBB, nothing in the street. Panorama closed in darkness same as Oscars
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (June 14th, 2019), joe552 (June 13th, 2019), Manforallseasons (June 12th, 2019), Moses (June 15th, 2019)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Looks depressing. I was briefly in Jomtien Complex tonight most bars full, if you like twinks and don’t mind being grabbed by the arm with that annoying “Hellooooooo” you’d think you died and went to heaven.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Yes it would seem that BT is facing a long term decline. Sunee is like a ghost town with one twink oasis ie Winner Boys, where I offed two separate boys during my March trip.
    Gays - expat and tourists are gravitating towards the Jomtien Complex where there are good gay or gay friendly hotels and of course a good number of host bars from which you can watch street theatre from a comfortable chair in company with others or maybe a newly acquired boyfriend, prior to retiring to your quiet room.

Liked

It sounds like I'll be spending my evenings in Jomtien in September. I really like Winner Boys bar, as I'm staying in Yensabai, but if Sunnee is dead, I'll make the effort to travel.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

7. User who gave Like to post:

kittyboy (June 14th, 2019)

Liked

A bit of balance here I think. It's low season. The skiing resorts that charge bizillions of quids for a toasted sandwich are closed as is most of Coney Island in winter as is Blackpool. Disneyland Paris does not pack them in when it's snowing and the pier in Southend does not bother to open the kiss-me-quick hat and I'm only-here-for-the-beer T-shirt stall in February.

Boyztown seems (to me at least) to have somewhat arrested the decline. Panorama is awaiting a refit.
    A-Bomb has just been refurbished. Le Cafe Royal was booming in high season as was BBB. Toyboys had plenty of customers, even in May and Dreamboys often had even more.

Jomtien is busy pretty much all the time and Sunee remains the best place to go for a little slap and tickle fun.

gerefan2 is pulling a sleight of hand with his post. Whenever I've been in a deserted Boyztown I've always felt that the the whole place was there just for me. All those boys to be harvested and only me there. It's like picking wild cherries from a tree. If you're there alone. Rejoice rejoice.

9. 3 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 14th, 2019), kittyboy (June 14th, 2019), Wolzek (June 13th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think we can agree that LCF was "booming" on Saturday morning at 0300! Or at least its sub-woofers were. But my original question remains; who was actually there? how many, roughly? and was I right to suggest (very tentatively) that they were young Thais? I thought that the target audience was Chinese?

Arsenal is, as ever, an advocate for Pattaya- something that I respect and I pay through the nose to show my support happily- but Boyztown ain't a happy place. The eight days I spent there were...well, not depressing because I had someone with me and I had one of the best rooms in Pattaya to enjoy....but rather sad for an old-timer, who was there in its heyday.
    P and I would play a game we called "spot the falang" in the relatively early evening (2130 or so) on our way back from dinner, and never once got above three. Honesty compels me to admit that it was early in the evening and our view was partial and, we obviously, didn't see beyond such walls as are left in the soi. But I suggest that it is an indication. And a later visit to 711 confirmed that there were few visible falangs on the terraces and Serene. I was there in late January and it was busier but still quiet.

The JC (which, bluntly, I've never liked as much as BT) was busy for the week we stayed there. That's where the ex-BT gay men were. I'd be delighted if BT recovered. However, I'd be amazed if Le Cafe Royal were to play a part in this.
    I honestly wish 'twere different.

Liked

As Oliver2 says above, arsenal has been a consistent advocate of the joys of Boyztown and, indeed, the other gay areas of Pattaya. No doubt one’s expectations during low season must be somewhat lower than during high season. But from what I've read of his Pattaya trip reports, no matter what time of year he visits, he appears to have oodles of fun and is never short of amenable companionship.

The same would appear to be the case with ShamelessMack, whose reviews of bars in Boyztown during May – June 2019 can be found on his blog at: https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    . . . All those boys to be harvested and only me there. It's like picking wild cherries from a tree. If you're there alone. Rejoice rejoice.
    And lastly arsenal, your appeal to us, in the final sentence of the above quoted post, to "Rejoice rejoice" rather strangely triggered a long forgotten memory of a controversial, impromptu Downing Street statement Mrs Thatcher (the then British prime minister) gave, along with the then UK Secretary of State for Defence, in April 1982. A YouTube video of the episode exists and is posted below:

12. User who gave Like to post:

goji (June 14th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I think we can agree that LCF was "booming" on Saturday morning at 0300! Or at least its sub-woofers were . . .
    For what it’s worth Oliver2, after many years of staying at Le Cafe Royal and the Ambiance hotels, I too decided that the early morning cacophony in Boyztown was too much to bear. And, somewhat reluctantly, I decided to move on to pastures new and now thoroughly enjoy staying at the Avani Spa and Resort whenever I am in Pattaya. It is only a short walk from Boyztown.

Liked

Jellybean wrote.
    "But from what I've read of his Pattaya trip reports, no matter what time of year he visits, he appears to have oodles of fun and is never short of amenable companionship."

Absolutely. But then I ride a motorbike and don't drink. Therefore I can zip about all over the place from 8.00pm until 4.00am looking for boys or anything that's going on. Deserted Boystown? So what. Take a seat in Castro order a drink and a snack (chicken dippers or sate, both 120 baht) and see who goes past. Fancy a walk then put the money in the bin, tell them you're coming back and take a stroll around the other streets just to see who's hanging around outside looking to be offed. My hotel is situated about 10-12 minutes from each of the gay areas so I can off boys and get them there easily.

15. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (June 14th, 2019)