List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where have all the Thai boys gone?

Liked

Where have all the Thai boys gone?

During my last visit to Pattaya it seemed like every boy I met was from either Cambodia or Laos. While having with a drink with a cute Laos boy in Toy Boys I asked him how many boys on the stage were Laos, Khmer or Thai. He told me only one boy of the twenty or so in the bar was Thai. I was gobsmacked.

Same in Jomtien Complex. It turned out that every massage boy I had the pleasure to have had pleasure with was either Khmer or Laos. Same in the beer bars. And I've been told that Bangkok gogo bars were mostly Vietnamese and Khmer boys.

So just what has happened to the Thai boys? Are they back in Bangkok working in the Asian-only bars? Are they back in Isaan on the farm working the rice paddies? I can't believe the Thai economy is so good that the boys have found better jobs for better pay elsewhere - doing actual work.

I'm just very curious. Where have they gone?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where have all the Thai boys gone?

One reason out of many, sometimes forgotten, is that Thai families are smaller now, thanks to a an effective campaign for contraception back in the 80s . One of the driving forces of migration from rural areas to the cities was that families couldn't feed large families adequately. The youngest sons/daughters were likely to be the ones that had to find employment elsewhere.

Changes like this take generations to work their way through.

In Laos and Cambodia (possibly Burma too), the drift towards freely-available contraception and the resultant impact on living-standards is probably less developed.
    Whether recruitment at industries other than commercial sex have been affected too, I couldn't say.. However, the migration of rural workers to urban areas is a factor across much of the world. and it may be that now there are enough workers within the huge Bangkok conurbation to meet demands.

3. User who gave Like to post:

brlumpet-old (March 1st, 2020)

Liked

1 Younger Thais are frequently too fat. And the next generation look even worse. Some Pigovian taxes are needed on sugar and other junk food.

2 Low birth rates

3 Other career opportunities ?

Over 80% of my hookups have been with lads from Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar, And some of the Thais I meet are older lads I've known for a few yearz.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thats it-they are not gone to else, they simply are far fewer. Whereas OTOH Burma+Khmer are still in the stages of having produced big families some 20 yrs ago (khmer also as a normal after-effect of a long time of utmost suppression by the red commy Khmer) without much chance of finding good jobs overthere.
    The prob of finding staff is indeed the last 2-3 yrs a very pressing one for more established Thai m2m shops wanting to maintain a certain quality, some of them had to close down as being unable to find. A major headache for owners/managers-going upcountry to find new staff willing to. And its indeed not just there-in some touristy areas also 60-80% of the cheaper staff in BudgetHTL, guesthse etc. is also KHmer/Burmese (there are so few Lao that they donot count). Thus being able to make choices, the fewer remaining Thai can choose what they like to earn their wages.
    Take a look at a farang liked shopping centre like MBK: more as half of the vendors are Burmese. Look at some places after learning to read Thai: ALL have signs that they have open space for new staff.
    A place like ARENA here in BKK says it has only Thai still working, which is mostly true-but then the youngest is nearing 30 now.
    (OH; for the attackers: dont bother, I did not want to say only Thai have quality talent-its just some mindset by some).

7. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

Certainly it's true that it can be difficult to find a Thai boy working in the sex industry now.
    More is the pity.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

When I was in Boystown last night, there was very subdued police raid going on (woman and children protection and anti-human trafficking, details some day in my blog). I was in Cupidol, and one boy was going out fully dressed (but where is the customer?) another boy leaving fully dressed (but where is the customer?) only then did I see police in inconspicuous uniform holding passports. At the end, Cupidol lost half of their staff. Toy Boys and Scandic were empty (doors were open, nobody inside or outside). Dream Boys lost half of their staff. I didn't look into BBB or X-Boys, but from outside it looked like business as usual. Sunee unaffected (I went to Power boys and Nice boys and everything as usual; I know one Lao and one Khmer in the beer bars and they were still there).

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    . Toy Boys and Scandic were empty (doors were open, nobody inside or outside). ).
    Of course they were ....need I say more?

Liked

What are these raids trying to accomplish?

Liked

Who can say, but the raids seem designed to kill off the gay bar scene.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (February 16th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucky13 View Post
    What are these raids trying to accomplish?
    I think that illegal workers from neighbouring countries are the target of these raids.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

15. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (February 16th, 2020)