Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel closed 1 June to 15 July

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel closed 1 June to 15 July

Excellent prices offered on Agoda for visits later this year to the refurbished hotel, now called imm (sic) Hotel.... 40% plus down on my stay two months ago.

Liked

In January my stay was very nice. The room was dated and a little tired. Obviously in need of a softgoods renewal. Burn it down? - we're being a tad overwrought. Given the location of the new bars a reburbished Tartawan is high on my list.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Excellent prices offered on Agoda for visits later this year to the refurbished hotel, now called imm (sic) Hotel.... 40% plus down on my stay two months ago.
    This is incorrect. The hotel will operate under the brand The Tarntawan Hotel Surawong. It is owned by TCC who operate the imm Hotel in Chiang Mai but they will not be using the imm brand at the Tarntawan. The website is www.tarntawansurawong.com

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    This is incorrect. The hotel will operate under the brand The Tarntawan Hotel Surawong. It is owned by TCC who operate the imm Hotel in Chiang Mai but they will not be using the imm brand at the Tarntawan. The website is www.tarntawansurawong.com
    Which of Olly's statements is incorrect?
    1. Excellent prices offered on Agoda for visits later this year to the refurbished hotel
    2. On Agoda now called imm (sic) Hotel
    3. 40% plus down on his stay two months ago

https://www.agoda.com/en-au/imm-hote....html?cid=-218

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes....I have the receipt. And the first reviews have appeared on Tripadvisor.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Andaman! View Post
    I might be very wrong. But, this website looks remarkably like the one I remember using. I don't quite understand why ownership is an issue as long as it's still gay friendly.

Liked

Is the hotel open for business now?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I booked a corner suite on their website for 9.690 Bth for 5 nights in february 2020 , BF included. That's better than Agoda…..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Agoda prices change. Seven weeks ago, I paid Agoda £22 pn; now it's nearer £45 for the same September period. Your price is excellent value.

Liked

I am very familiar with the rate yielding process, as in the hotel industry myself and accept has been well explained by some others on this trail, however whilst I have stayed at Tarntawan many times in the past, I have become more loyal to the Raya - but now nervous on noise disruption given redevelopment to Soi Twighlight! Any feedback on that welcome?
    With regards to getting the best rates unless you know the hotel owner or management and can negotiate direct I would suggest try a site like Top Cash Back https://www.topcashback.co.uk/home (believe they have a US version) simply join which is free then look to book via any of the normal sites but effectively deferred from them so you get a cut of the commission.

As mentioned I am looking at booking soon, if I do it on Agoda via Top cash back I get a 6% cashback - not amazing if one night but for a week long stay a pretty significant discount!

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Maxxy (August 13th, 2019), splinter1949 (August 12th, 2019)