FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel closed 1 June to 15 July

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel closed 1 June to 15 July

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post

The place should be burned to the ground
    And while you have the fire going throw your “friends” trainers, which are on the floor,into it as well!!

2. User who gave Like to post:

kjun12 (May 11th, 2019)

Liked

The stains could well be from the chocolate bars that the customers are fond of having, post-coital.

4. User who gave Like to post:

colmx (May 11th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    And while you have the fire going throw your “friends” trainers, which are on the floor,into it as well!!
    As it happens my "friend" is/was a member of this forum but has abandoned this forum in favour of the civilized world on GT/GG forum, where he now posts regular updates
    As usual the c*nts on this board have made people move to new pastures(note I am not saying gerefan2 is one of these c*nts, but my friend might for criticizing his choice of footwear!)

But can we at least all agree that the valance in the pics is DISGUSTING and stop defending the Tarntawan like its a national treasure! its not even a polished turd!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

6. User who gave Like to post:

Smiles (July 1st, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For heaven's sake, calm down! Some like Tarntawan- and I'm returning next week- and some don't. Why the passion? why the offensive language?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    The stains could well be from the chocolate bars that the customers are fond of having, post-coital.
    Speaking personally you could well be right about that ! :-) However I still fear that SOME of those other stains on the bed etc may well not even be chocolate - I was about to say to say but I wasn't speaking personally there however......but hey, if the cap fits ....... lol

Ha Actually in the past I recall that I DID actually fall victim to the dreaded chocolate bar in bed over night issue, where I had fallen asleep "post coitious" as you say and forget that there had been said bar of chocolate lying on the bed ......well, just try telling the house maid in the morning in the TARNTAWAN that "NO, HONESTLY, it's ok, its JUST chocolate !" Poor girl had a look of "I really dont earn enough for this crap" (or just chocolate as it turned out ! as she changed the sheets

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My experience was worse than that. Many , many years ago in my halcyon days, I offed a guy from a Twilight bar- can't recall which- who decided he needed the toilet. Despite the available facilities for washing, he returned to the bed very dirty. After he'd gone, I discovered a large number of skid-marks which, being too English, I had to clean-off the best I could.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dont worry I think we've all been there Oliver and all either had to brass it out with housekeeping in the morning with a stern "so what" look OR being British as you say turn the sheet over and make sure you're definitely not in the room when housekeeping come calling ! :-)

However I think the reality is that housekeeping in most hotels are under such tremendous time pressures that they could care less what their guests get up too and thus the sheets are wiped off the bed in a millisecond without even the slightest glance or care.

Mind you I have some friends who don't consider it a suitably worthwhile trip UNLESS their sheets are left in such state each morning !

Liked: 1

Gerefan...its posts like that which keep me away from this forum...

The pictures were mine taken in Dec 2018 during a 2/3 day stay...never stayed before (in 20+ years of visiting LOS) and I have no plans to again unless something changes radically with that particular hotel

Adding to the pics the toilet over-flowed a couple of times when flushed with nothing but water in it, seemed to be an issue with excess water pressure so assume no PRV fitted in the water supply

The bed was pretty much broken and sagged very heavily on one side (my Laos companion who stayed 1 night was less than impressed too), I asked to change rooms and was told no others were available

Breakfast was quite nice and the check-in staff were friendly but unfortunately that's the best I can say for it

p.s. never ever felt the desire to eat chocolates after sex...but then I'm early 40's so perhaps I don't 'get' that...to each their own but I will not be returning in a hurry...

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

12. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (May 13th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Alex303 View Post
    Gerefan...its posts like that which keep me away from this forum...
    There you are, Imelda Marcos, I have given you your first "like"!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Bed bug stains? Ewww. THIS is the hotel to which we've been subjected to endless discussions on? What a dump!
    Nobody mentioned bed bugs. I have a personal interest in bed bugs, because I think I had them twice, in Yangon in Aug 2017 and in Taipei in Mar 2019. The bites on my legs fit description on internet, but I have no proof that it was bed bugs.

The pictures by colmx look okay for my standards. As long as the bedlinen is reasonably clean, I don't care much about the valance sheet and the carpet.