Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tarntawan Hotel closed 1 June to 15 July

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Tarntawan Hotel closed 1 June to 15 July

The carpets in the public areas are certainly old. Newer hotels which we regularly use - Agate, for example- wisely employ different , washable floor coverings. No doubt they will be replaced in the renovations.
    Undeniably a good thing, though their distinctive smell always announces my arrival in Thailand from Swampy. For nostalgic reasons alone, I shall miss them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

After twenty years of patronage, I suspect that my discounted prices will be no more. The hotel has new owners

Just received; "Please follow the project’s progress at www.immhotelsurawong.com and https://www.imperialhotels.com"

I wonder if my generous support on this forum will be taken into consideration? No. Money talks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    After twenty years of patronage, I suspect that my discounted prices will be no more. The hotel has new owners

Just received; "Please follow the project’s progress at www.immhotelsurawong.com and https://www.imperialhotels.com".
    It's a chain - there's an Imm Hotel at Thapae Gate, Chiang Mai. Should be quite smart.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Or at least hopefully smart enough to keep the chocolate in their rooms anyways !

Liked

I used to stay there regularly but the main issue I had with it the last time I stayed there was the aircon, seemed to have only two settings, Off and Freeze your arse on, trying to change the settings made no difference. No doubt the thermostat was stuffed and stuck on the freeze your arse off setting, not only that but when I woke up on my first morning there water was raining down from the inside portion of it (above the fridge) and all the maintenance guy did was to drain the water from where it was accumulating and then mopped up the floor. Still couldn't get through to them that the aircon was stuck on freezing. Now happy to stay at The Raya

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

colmx (May 19th, 2019), splinter1949 (May 19th, 2019)

Liked

Is the “chocolate in room” some kind of inside joke that I missed? Cos I have been to TTW on and off for the last 10 years and I saw no chocolate bars.

I like the TTW, especially when it was under old management and pretty much a gay hotel. It is kind of run down, and that makes me comfortable enough to bring back naughty boy(s) to do dirty thing(s) with. Call me paranoid but I could always feel the stares on my back when bringing back two Viet or Thai boys back to my W Hotel room.

Good things will come to an end and we can only just move on. Good luck and good bye!

8. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (July 1st, 2019)

Liked

Mazzy, Tarntawan A/C

Using the console besides the bed, yes there is an on and off. There are/were also three settings for the fan: high, medium and low. These settings are also on the console and are/were very useful in setting a nice temperature for the room.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've just had three nights there. The a/c was quiet and effective; the valances were clean, the staff as friendly as always- though I miss some old friends; the breakfast better than at a hotel in which we are currently staying in Krabi- and is more than twice as expensive. I shall be booking two more visits .
    It's worth checking Tripadvisor.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Josan View Post
    Mazzy, Tarntawan A/C

Using the console besides the bed, yes there is an on and off. There are/were also three settings for the fan: high, medium and low. These settings are also on the console and are/were very useful in setting a nice temperature for the room.
    Had the fan on low and had turned it up to try and get the room to around 23c to 25c but like I said it looked like the thermostat was stuffed and stuck on freeze, also at that time the staff didn't seem interested in fixing it. From what I have read elsewhere it would seem I wasn't the only one to experience that problem, possibly same room

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Mega works in the driveway.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (July 1st, 2019)