List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

Liked

Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

Today I tried to book collection from the airport to Jomtien this coming Saturday 20 April - but for the first time ever the usual operator I use, Ann Taxis, cannot supply a vehicle because, he e-mails, "I'm sorry, I don't have a car on that date due to Song Kran festival in Pattaya". Given that the main shenanigans were, I understood, ending locally on Friday, I was surprised.

Anyway, it's so many years since I used any other company that I'd appreciate a recommendation (or several, just in case the same Songkran issue arises) for a reliable service at a competitive price.

Needless to say, I am looking forward to experiencing some of the maybe-not-quite-fine dining opportunities that we discussed in an earlier thread, as well as Pattaya's other tasty attractions.

"The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

thelimopattaya.com
    Not the cheapest, but the best as far as I'm concerned. New cars, driven well and English speaking drivers. Never let me down
    Website says Swampy to Pattaya 1500Bt.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Marsilius (April 16th, 2019)

Liked

I always use PT Taxi. Recommended to me on these boards a long time ago. It’s between 1000 and 1100 baht from airport to Pattaya. Includes all tolls.

They’ve been there 100% for me, and I usually land in the middle of the night. Even when flights have been delayed, they’ve waited.

p.t.taxi pattaya
    p.t.taxi@hotmail.com
    www.pttaxiservice.com

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Marsilius (April 16th, 2019), paperboy (April 16th, 2019)

Liked

I'm very grateful for both recommendations (and any others yet to come). I know that it is a question that's been asked regularly before, but a firm's quality can deteriorate very quickly sometimes - often when management has changed - and old posts of gushing praise can sometimes, therefore, be misleading or downright inaccurate. Thanks once again.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Drew...have you used PT Taxi's recently?
    I used them all the time until about 2 years ago when they sent a vehicle with front panels missing and which broke down half way to the airport.
    Luckily I had allowed 3 hours for the journey and got there in the replacement car in time.
    I moved to TheLimoPattaya after that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Drew...have you used PT Taxi's recently? .
    Likewise same and you're quite right Marsilius re how ( quickly) things can change with taxi firms as I too used PT permanently and after several years of perfect service they simply let me down on my arrival in Swampy on the last trip and screwed about with lame excuses about wrong dates etc but I'd confirmed everything multiple times before flying, thankfully not such a big job to grab a cab on arrival but still it well pissed me off having too after bothering to book. Likewise also the last car that collected me from Patts to the airport was also a bundle of scrap and I got the distinct impression that it wasn't a taxi at all and more just a friend of a friend who'd been offered a few quid to to a quick run to the airport as they were either booked up or again had forgotten about me until the last minute and that was the best they could do. I hesitate to write this even as I know running a business you cant always get it right and they were spot on for years but two bad experiences in a row was enough for me and as I see gerefan is saying something similar perhaps that would point to a deterioration in service - maybe ?

9. User who gave Like to post:

Marsilius (April 16th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I have read poor reviews on other websites too.
    I believe Marsalius is right and they have deteriorated a lot recently. I too used them for years without a problem.

Liked

A driver with his drugged up girlfriend in tow, a somewhat uncomfortable minibus instead of the booked saloon car and an unpleasant driver from the airport finished my association with P.T Taxis.

Now it's a taxi from the rank at the airport and one booked through my hotel for the return.

Liked

Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

The last time I used them was January 2019. All was okay, but maybe I will try one of these others too on hearing the horror stories. Hahaha