Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bali Trip Report

Liked

Re: Bali Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Oh YNOT555 - and anyone else who's thinking of going to Bali - one thing - do NOT EVER use the local money changers - 99% chance they will skim money off your exchange and scam you - and they're damned good at it and no matter how hard to try and watch and count you'll not see it until you've left the shop
    Contrast with Thailand, where I can hand over thousands of pounds in Superrich and know I'll get every single baht back.
    It's always good to know about a few of the scams in any country, so they can be avoided.

Incidentally, I once pre-ordered forex for collection at Heathrow for a business trip & when counting the bundle before leaving, it was quite a bit short of the required amount. The rather dodgy looking staff corrected this.

Anyway, getting back on topic, what does accommodation cost there ? Can I get something OK for around about about 1000 baht, just like Pattaya ? (e.g. Mosaik).

2. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (June 2nd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes no problem, lots of GREAT places to stay, lots of Villas too if you want to splurge a bit - but if not yes plenty of very low, low, medium and high end stuff all over the place.

Heres a start on booking. com if youre thinking of staying in the Seminyak area.....;personally I've stayed at Horrison ( NOT HARRISON THERE ARE BOTH) and it suits me fine - standard hotel room and 5 minutes from the bars and from the main double 6 beach - also all the guys there tend to know it and it's fairly central for them for paying a visit and also close enough to nip out fo the bar and back again without being noticed ( or your friend being noticed) even being gone if required :-) Theres also a handy underground car park which means I can park my bike with friend en tow, go up the back stairs to my room totally unseen and unhindered 24.7 - oh and fairly cheap too depending when booking......works for me anyway, I've also stayed in money other places there with mainly all with good reports for them too so you'll not be stuck as long as you chose somewhere that meets YOUR needs, whatever they may be.....

https://www.booking.com/searchresult...s_raw=seminyak

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (March 16th, 2019), Jellybean (March 16th, 2019)

Liked

Gr8 Topic, I'm Amazed Blacktouch flied 19 hrs from UK to Bali yet Bali is just in my backyard ( 5 hrs ) fly and I never bothered travel to Bali, it maybe because my first oversea trip was Thailand, I was hooked to Thai boys then I discovered the Philippine " It's more fun in Philippine" ( Their slogan ), Pinoy Boys are as good as Thai boys in bed without communication problem, Now I think I will give Bali a try, just for the weekend, evening flight after work, arrive there midnight, hook up MB to get a hard rough pounding, repeat sat & sun, early flight back home on Monday , back to work @ my Arvo shift, wow I'm Horney just thinking about it So any tips about sex with MB are WELCUM

6. User who gave Like to post:

GWMinUS (March 29th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by YNOT555 View Post
    ... early flight back home on Monday , back to work @ my Arvo shift
    Always assuming the local volcano doesn’t blow up again

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So any tips about sex with MB are WELCUM
    Well my first tip re that is to not even bother thinking about MB's ie about Paying for it ! And by that I mean there's honestly no need and I'm actually loathe to see hordes of Pattaya trained and boy beaten hardened farang turning up and trying to flood the guys there with their 1500 short time "rules" thinking they're doing great etc as assuming you're not 90, with one leg and have rabies the place is wall to wall with locals who just actually and genuinely WANT to sleep with you / a Bule ( their word for farang) or FUN ( so unlike Thailand) and NO fee is required ( again unlike Thailand).

Whether we like to admit it or not the pattaya boys play most of us like violins and THEY dictate the terms and make us pay for the pleasure ( one way or the other) however Bali is the EXACT reverse, YOU are in control of the shagging action there and whilst if you want a quick MB action then why not and you can, but as you'll see when you arrive it's just not necessary and I've regularly spent a month there and not needed to spend a penny and trust me no one was unhappy with that on either side. And for those who might complain about "so unfair, not playing our side of the game etc" that's EXACTLY what I mean it NOT being Pattaya and how feel it's so sad that some have been conditioned to assume we MUST pay for sex when travelling as I assure you thats NOT always the case - and Bali I find is one of the wonderful exceptions.

- If your plan IS one of shagging as it seems to be ( great plan but the way there) just cut to the chase and stay somewhere close to Bali joe bar area in Seminyak ( again that Horrison hotel above I mentioned or any / many in that area will suffice). Then head to the few gays bars mentioned above, plus do download and use that VCN also mentioned above to help access Grindr etc ( some hotels wifi does pass the need for a VCN etc depending where their router points too but in the bars etc a VCN is a good idea/ requirement), do that and I assure you you'll have action from the minute you land until long after your flight leaves to return you home.

oh and freaky has a point re the Volcano, it's quiet just now but two out of my last 3 trips have involved some drama ( for Aussies mainly) getting home and back to work - thankfully as I'd booked a long trip I was able to lie on the beach and watch them running about panicking every day - so if being at your desk is CRITICAL at a certain time do just check the status of the volcano before heading off perhaps and make your decision then - but it should be fine.

9. 5 Users gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (June 2nd, 2020), goji (March 16th, 2019), GWMinUS (March 29th, 2019), Jellybean (March 16th, 2019), Moses (April 15th, 2019)

Liked

NG, you are talking about VPN right?
    YEAH!! Action is what I'm after, I want it and I want it NOW!! Seems like I'm beating around the wrong bushes, heaven is just a stone throw away from my backyard, will do a short trip to check it out first, May planing for a longer trip in the future, I did check out the Horrison hotel, really nice , Thanks for the recommendation.
    Actually I don't mine if the Volcano eruption happened when I'm there, its going to be all over the news on TV here, The authority will stop flight in and out to Bali, just give me excuse to have more time to explore Bali's gay scene, The Boss might not be happy but you just can't fight Mother nature

Liked

Thanks for posting such a great trip report Blacktouch. It was jam packed with heaps of useful information for anyone thinking of holidaying in Bali.

And thanks also to NIrish-guy for posting additional information based on his several trips to the island. Again, oodles of valuable information for anyone considering a vacation in Bali.

But I cannot end this post without commenting on the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    . . . I've regularly spent a month there and not needed to spend a penny . . .
    Wow! That’s truly impressive NIrish-guy. You must possess a cast iron bladder if you never needed to spend a penny for a month! Blimey! That's absolutely amazing, I can only dream of such bladder control.

Liked

If the volcano does decide to interrupt your plans and you need to return home by a certain date, then you can always make your way to Jakarta and fly home from there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

NG, you are talking about VPN right?:
    I am of course - obviously hadn't had my coffee yet when posting that ! :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    That’s truly impressive NIrish-guy. You must possess a cast iron bladder if you never needed to spend a penny for a month! Blimey! That's absolutely amazing, I can only dream of such bladder control.
    Hang on, I never said I had bladder control, just that I hadn't spent a penny - the trick - pack three pairs of the following - no need to spend a penny anywhere and all fluids contained until you're back home - the height of efficiency, a time AND money saver all rolled into one and just requires wringing out each evening and hung out to dry.......to be fair you may see a slight decline in the number of guys trying to hook up with you as the trip goes on but hey, just remember all those pennies that you've just saved !

icp.jpg

15. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (March 19th, 2019)