Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bali Trip Report

Liked

Re: Bali Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktouch View Post
    I am back from my first Bali trip, during the first two weeks of February 2019. I have only just manage to get the time to write this trip report.

Our flight was with Qatar Airways from the UK via Doha, with a total journey time of 19 hours, including a one hour change. 19 hours was a bit off putting, whereas Thailand is about 14 hours.

Bali was very enjoyable, nice island, nice people, nice food, very cheap, nice weather (between 31°c to 34°c), very humid and great sex. It rained during the night time on most occasions, and sometimes during the day, as it was pointed out to us that its still their rainy season, although this did need effect our trip one little bit. We did a day trip to Ubud visiting the rice fields and water falls which was nice, and we also visited five different beaches on the East, South and West of the Island on different days.

Because of the rainy season, the beaches on the western said of the island were dirty because of the onshore winds deposits flotsam and rubbish. We were told during the dry season, it is not like this. So on a few occasions we venture out to the beaches on the Eastern and South side of the island, which were nicer beaches without rubbish, but more hotel resort with private beaches, where locals not allowed on. We perferd the beaches where the locals are allowed on and one can see the local talent.

Bali's tropical monsoon climate has two distinct seasons: dry (between May to September) and wet (between October to April). Monsoon refers to the wind, not the rain. However even in the wet monsoon, in this tropical paradise it is still likely it will be sunny for a good part of the day. April to October is the best time to visit Bali, when there is little rain and low humidity.

Our 3 bedroom villa with pool, rented via Airbnb was the best accommodation we have ever stayed in during all our travels and was very enjoyable. We were about 6 minutes drive by taxi to the bars and only 10 minutes to the beach. We used the Grab Taxi App to order the taxis, which we used to go everywhere as it was extremely cheap, and we ended up tipping the drivers very good tips.

Our first night getting a taxi on the street to go back to the villa after the bars, they tried to overcharge us by over 80%, and they did not want to put the meter on, saying its "night time". All we did was get out of the car and move on to the next car, then the driver from the previous car will say "ok you say how much?", but we did not take that taxi for trying to overcharge us. Then we started using the Grab App from then onwards, as the prices, destinations and pick-up points are all already set, so no arguing or negotiating needed with the drivers. If you do decide to take a taxi from the street, before getting inside, ask the driver if he has meter? And ask him to put it on, or just walk away.

Now the bit you've been waiting for - Sex. Well if you are a Caucasian or in my case a black person, you will be inundated with offers of free sex all night long. There are also loads of MB's too. Everything is on tap. Non-stop action. I had to turn off my mobile phone most times as the gay apps like Grindr, Hornet, Jack'd, Blude and Planet Romeo were receiving non-stop messages of offers for free sex and meet ups. At first Grindr did not work, (blocked by the Government) so you need to download an VPN to access it. I did this while in Bali. Its easy, just Google VPN and download. Then I had Grindr up and running again.

Even if you are an older gentleman they still want to have sex with you for free. All they want is for you to buy them drinks. They all have jobs. And some even want to spend the night with you. I told some that I only want short time fun, and would pay a grab taxi for them to get home. I perferd this, as I can sleep better. I also had guys messaging me that they saw me with my friend eating in a restaurant as they walked passed or saw me in the bar.

My friend (age 75) who was with me had guys asking him for sex and no charge at all. They just love Western guys! We did have some MB's, as well as free fun too, a mix of both I will say. MB's were charging 300,000 Rupees, which is £16 (British Pounds), or 667 THB (Thai Baht). We found most of the guys, both paid/unpaid were mostly vers, so they enjoy fucking and being fucked. Most had cut small to medium size cocks, but if you're a size (queen), you can get, but need to look. Most MB' are from other Islands like Java or Sumatra. And all speak English.

There are only four gay bars with only two main ones worth visiting - Mixwell Bar and Balijoe Bar with the former being the biggest with the youngest crowd and both bars are packed every night with plenty of good looking guys where one can get company should you wish for, and in my experience unpaid too. There are of course MB' about too, but mostly on the app's. The bar we found the best was Mixwell Bar. The cutest guys were there. We were not so keen on Bailjoe Bar. So we went everynight to Mixwell. Best time to get there is around 12 midnight, and bars closes at 3am. They have nightly go go dancers dancing on the bar, and some drag shows on stage. This is no Bangkok or Pattaya were there are loads of bars, just a row of four bars. So if you are a bar person, you will/may get easily bored just visiting one bar everynight. Although just one good bar, I got propositioned every night by MB's or by locals just looking for free fun.

Because of all the non-stop action, unfortunately we completely did not get time to visit any of the massage places. Such a shame as I guessed there would have been some nice guys there?

Bali is an incredibly cheap island and the most expensive thing was the drinks in the bar. A large Bintang bottle beer cost £3.78 (British Pounds) or 155 THB (Thai Baht). Still cheap though. Food, shopping and taxis were very cheap. Two sun loungers, and one parasol cost 100,000 Rupees = £5.40 (British Pounds) or 220 THB (Thai Baht).

The only thing to put me of a bit was only one bar being the best, the long flight and the beaches being a bit dirty, although we did go during the rainy season. There are no gay beach as such, but this did not put us off. Would I visit again? Yes, but not in the near future. I would say Thailand has more to offer in terms of bars, but Bali is a wonderful Island and a lovely place to visit or try. And makes a change visiting Thailand all the time. I made some nice friends and we have been keeping in touch. Bali is also a very safe place to visit. Did not see any Police whilst we were there.
    Thx for this very usefull report. In he next year I want to go from Thailand to Bali for some days. Maybe I wanna to ask something if you have time for me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by CsabaHun View Post
    Thx for this very usefull report. In he next year I want to go from Thailand to Bali for some days. Maybe I wanna to ask something if you have time for me.
    Any questions, please feel free to ask? Always happy to help.

Liked

Reading all the above I decided to use my miles with Thai Airways and make a 4 days trip to Bali. I'm 67 and live in Jomtien. And I am NOT native English speaking.
    When you arrive in Bali, avoid the hassle in the arrival hall. Take the lift to the departure floor and grab a metered Blued Taxi for around 100 K.
    I booked the Courtyard by Marriott in Seminyak for 4 nights. Watch a Video on You Tube. Fantastic breakfast buffet. Joiner friendly. Superb location. Shuttle to the private beach. Strong Internet. Just perfect.
    As recommended in the threads above I downloaded Grindr. And Yes then it started. Within a couple of hours more then 100 members watched my profile and about 20 send me a message. One example: him 25 years 1m67cm: "Hi how are you?" Me: "fine thank you and you?" He: "I'm good and very horny, I can stay with you all night" Me: " How much you want" He: "400 K". Me: "OK you can come". Within 10 minutes he arrived with his motorbike and I had one of my best nights of my life. And I'm sure he would also come for 300 K. But why discuss for just 7 dollars.
    I went only once to the gay bars. They are so overcrowded that I drank only one beer there and went to other places. But I think when you are younger than me, this bars could be real fun.
    There is also a big choice of good restaurants nearby and I appreciated that most of the people speak very good English.
    And when you come from Thailand you will certainly like how friendly everyone is with you.

4. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (November 7th, 2019), arsenal (November 8th, 2019), Brad the Impala (November 10th, 2019), goji (November 10th, 2019), YNOT555 (November 9th, 2019)