List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

Liked

Re: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

When I take a flight I am always surprised at the amount of luggage some holiday makers need to take. In November having boarded my flight to bkk I saw two ladies coming up the aisle wheeling large suitcases. They did not have the strength to place them in the overhead locker so being the sort of guy I am I did it for them. They were heavy so I remarked “good I do weight training” and “are you emigrating to Thailand ?’. They replied “oh no just a three week holiday - you should see the bags we have checked in”. My checked in bag is around 10 kg and I only take a small back pack on board.

2. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (March 8th, 2019)

Liked

Re: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

I appreciate the efforts of other posters at keeping the board apprised of travel information.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    I appreciate the efforts of other posters at keeping the board apprised of travel information.
    That would be travelerjim and me, then. You have contributed nothing of value to this thread except your usual argumentativeness

Liked

Some of the posts in this topic have been moved to the Everything Else forum under the title, Common sense and Ordinariness.

A quick link is below:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...d-Ordinariness

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

BonTong (March 11th, 2019), frequent (March 9th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daveuk View Post
    When I take a flight I am always surprised at the amount of luggage some holiday makers need to take. In November having boarded my flight to bkk I saw two ladies coming up the aisle wheeling large suitcases. They did not have the strength to place them in the overhead locker so being the sort of guy I am I did it for them. They were heavy so I remarked “good I do weight training” and “are you emigrating to Thailand ?’. They replied “oh no just a three week holiday - you should see the bags we have checked in”. My checked in bag is around 10 kg and I only take a small back pack on board.
    Women eh....

Liked

Both laundry services and new T shirts, shorts etc are cheap and readily available in Thailand. Considering the clothes most foreigners wear here are not what they would typically wear at home (at least I would hope.... ) why bother carting loads of stuff backwards and forwards?

Travelling with only carry on makes life so much simpler and is good discipline for being selective about what you travel with. Also prevents taking loads of unnecessary toiletries - you can get em all in 7/11 or Watsons for next to nothing anyway.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

Liked

Au contraire, BonTong! There is not much in clothing that I would purchase in Thailand; I find shorts and shirts, shoes etc much less expensive and far better at home. On every trip home I load up on 45 kg or more ( if allowed) on clothing and other necessities (wine).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Despite taking about 17 sets of T-shirts and underwear, 3 separate devices to access the interned, a camera & a stupidly excessive quantity of toiletries, mosquito repellant etc, my luggage weighs in at about 16kg.
    Next time I intend to cut back.
    what about foot wear i tend to take about 4 pairs ,made up of 1pr flip flops, 1 pr trainers and 2 prs of shoes. On my last trip it all came in at 21 kgs

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    what about foot wear i tend to take about 4 pairs ,made up of 1pr flip flops, 1 pr trainers and 2 prs of shoes. On my last trip it all came in at 21 kgs
    Dear god, I only own three pairs of shoes in total. Are you trying to be Imelda Marcos?

12. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 14th, 2019)

Liked

Meanwhile, in related news, some other airlines are keeping their luggage allowances at 30kg or more.