List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

Banned
    Liked

Re: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Yes it’s a well known fact that food ex Bangkok is worse than vice versa. It’s not just Bangkok...try some African flights.
    This "well known fact" you learned from where? The newspapers you proudly assert you don't read, or that invaluable source of all that is true, the Internet?

Liked

Re: THAI: Economy Thai Airways have announced that from April 1 only 20kg bag allowance

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    I have flown with Thai over many years and on my return journey to London on Monday 18th March on TG916, the second meal served (about 3.5 hours from landing in London) was quite bloody awful: the worst I've had in 26 years of flying with Thai. I chose the "spicy chicken with sticky rice" as it sounded good. God, it was dire. It was barely lukewarm, had holes in the foil covering and consisted of minced chicken with a fried egg plonked on top with a mound of sticky (nay, superglued) rice. I should have left it.
    I applaud the prodigious memory feat of remembering 26 years worth of airline food. That is Amazing Thai (air) land.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    I chose the "spicy chicken with sticky rice" as it sounded good. God, it was dire. It was barely lukewarm, had holes in the foil covering and consisted of minced chicken with a fried egg plonked on top with a mound of sticky (nay, superglued) rice. I should have left it.

Now, one cannot jump to conclusions and blindly blame the airline food...……….

Reading article today titled 'beware the perils at 35,000ft'. "ask cabin crew what they eat on board and many give 'ABC' as their answer: Anything But Chicken". Based on the thought of some staff that because the galley ovens are generally tiny, some of the dishes on the bottom shelves don't always get cooked through. Also apparently many crew only drink bottled water and canned drinks because they reckon the cold water tanks onboard are rarely cleaned and often the water for coffee and tea is never properly boiled.

4. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (March 25th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Reading article today titled 'beware the perils at 35,000ft'. "ask cabin crew what they eat on board and many give 'ABC' as their answer: Anything But Chicken". Based on the thought of some staff that because the galley ovens are generally tiny, some of the dishes on the bottom shelves don't always get cooked through. Also apparently many crew only drink bottled water and canned drinks because they reckon the cold water tanks onboard are rarely cleaned and often the water for coffee and tea is never properly boiled.
    Anything to fill up the column inches I suppose. A quick trawl of the Internet will find rather a lot of stories on the same theme including my favourite, a rather breathless comment from (needless to say) a female flight attendant that the food on board isn't actually cooked on board, and asking where else would you eat a meal prepared hours if not days previously and frozen before reheating. I wondered who shops for the supermarket "tv dinners" in her circle of friends

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Anything to fill up the column inches I suppose. A quick trawl of the Internet will find rather a lot of stories on the same theme including my favourite, a rather breathless comment from (needless to say) a female flight attendant that the food on board isn't actually cooked on board, and asking where else would you eat a meal prepared hours if not days previously and frozen before reheating. I wondered who shops for the supermarket "tv dinners" in her circle of friends
    That would apply to perhaps to those flying at the rear of the plane. Cabin crew hate having to cook meals on flights.
    But as you have not flown to Thailand you have to rely on others viewpoints. Just like you do on Pattaya and Thailand.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (March 28th, 2019), frequent (March 28th, 2019), gerefan2 (March 28th, 2019)