Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dating using dating apps

Liked

Dating using dating apps

I know that more and more meetings are being arranged via Hornet/Romeo etc. but I have to say that I have never used them to meet a companion du jour. Until now!

I have downloaded Hornet and have been taking a look at the available company. It appeals to me but in this respect I am a novice. In the past twenty-six years I have only ever met company in host bars or go-go bars so I would be very interested to hear of the modus operandi of those who find these apps effective.

For example, do you arrange to meet at a bar to assess compatibility before moving off for a meal/drink/hotel etc.? What if the 'take-away' arrives and he bears absolutely no resemblance to the profile photos and you don't like what you see? Do you offer him a tip, make you excuses and slip away? What about ID? What Buddhist date should it indicate now in 2019 to ensure that the young man is of legal age if he's a twink?

The advantage of the go-go bar is that it lends itself to a more intimate assessment of your prospective companion. With the dating app there is surely a greater element of risk in the de-robing room of discovering, for example, that the stunning face is compromised by a body afflicted by a skin issue or where every square inch of skin is covered in tattoos (although some may like that)!

I'd be intrigued to hear of the good and not so good experiences / advice from experienced advocates of the dating app.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dating using dating apps

A lot of them also work in bars or gogo bars, so I ask them where they work and then go along a few days latter for a good look. That usually helps me make a decision.

The new ID cards now contain the date of birth in western style, so no longer problems there.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

The apps are very hit and miss, I stop using them but when I did I arranged to meet in front of Tuck Com if he was not what I expected I gave him 200 baht and said no thanks..........I agree that a gogo is a far better place to meet and interview sought of “in the flesh” it will cost more via the off fee and the drinks but you will be getting what you expect in most cases.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    A lot of them also work in bars or gogo bars, so I ask them where they work and then go along a few days latter for a good look. That usually helps me make a decision.

The new ID cards now contain the date of birth in western style, so no longer problems there.
    That's good advice. Thanks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The apps are very hit and miss, I stop using them but when I did I arranged to meet in front of Tuck Com if he was not what I expected I gave him 200 baht and said no thanks..........I agree that a gogo is a far better place to meet and interview sought of “in the flesh” it will cost more via the off fee and the drinks but you will be getting what you expect in most cases.
    I agree absolutely. You see what you're getting. Thank you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    For example, do you arrange to meet at a bar to assess compatibility before moving off for a meal/drink/hotel etc.? What if the 'take-away' arrives and he bears absolutely no resemblance to the profile photos and you don't like what you see? Do you offer him a tip, make you excuses and slip away?
    I mostly meet in Tuk-Com (Pattaya) or in front of nearby 7-Eleven (Bangkok) or hotel (traveling elsewhere), and then directly go to my room. I'm not looking for chat, eating or drinking company, I'm looking for sex!

Not looking like pictures has never been an issue with money boys, but I had a few free boys who I would not have had sex with if I had had all information. But when they come to my room at appointed time, I always feel generous and give them access to my body, within reason.

When I want to meet a bar boy, I have a look at him in his bar. That gives much better impression than all pictures or video chat. Video chat is your friend, some gay online dating have it built in, if not go on Line. Has saved me a few disappointments, and could have saved more if I did it with every boy.

In Pattaya, I could fulfill all my sexual needs without online dating. But in the provinces it's in-expendable.

7. User who gave Like to post:

kittyboy (March 10th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The apps are very hit and miss, I stop using them but when I did I arranged to meet in front of Tuck Com if he was not what I expected I gave him 200 baht and said no thanks..........
    If you are that generous, I shall have to create a few fake profiles, look you up and meet outside Tuk Com to collect my 200 baht.

I tell them straight, if they don't look like the photo, it is goodbye & 0 baht. I'm not rewarding deception with 200 baht.

Of course, there is the grey area where they look like the photo, but carefully chose various angles so that they can disguise something. Such as excess flab around the belly & I didn't check the photos properly. These have usually been acceptable for a date, but I remind myself to be more careful next time.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 10th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I mostly meet in Tuk-Com (Pattaya) or in front of nearby 7-Eleven (Bangkok) or hotel (traveling elsewhere), and then directly go to my room. I'm not looking for chat, eating or drinking company, I'm looking for sex!

Not looking like pictures has never been an issue with money boys, but I had a few free boys who I would not have had sex with if I had had all information. But when they come to my room at appointed time, I always feel generous and give them access to my body, within reason.

When I want to meet a bar boy, I have a look at him in his bar. That gives much better impression than all pictures or video chat. Video chat is your friend, some gay online dating have it built in, if not go on Line. Has saved me a few disappointments, and could have saved more if I did it with every boy.

In Pattaya, I could fulfill all my sexual needs without online dating. But in the provinces it's in-expendable.
    Many thanks Christian

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    If you are that generous, I shall have to create a few fake profiles, look you up and meet outside Tuk Com to collect my 200 baht.

I tell them straight, if they don't look like the photo, it is goodbye & 0 baht. I'm not rewarding deception with 200 baht.

Of course, there is the grey area where they look like the photo, but carefully chose various angles so that they can disguise something. Such as excess flab around the belly & I didn't check the photos properly. These have usually been acceptable for a date, but I remind myself to be more careful next time.
    Thank you Goji

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

If 200 baht is a meaningfully amount to you you should stay home, really inexpensive!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (March 15th, 2019)