Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Soi Twilights Banana Bar to close March 29th

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Soi Twilights Banana Bar to close March 29th

So unfortunately all the various rumours are starting to come sadly true as the ever popular Banana Bar in Soi Twilight have just posted that they (must) close and are having a End of an Era party on March 29th - and in their own words they didn't expect to have to go just this soon but apparently baht talks in Bkk ! :-( Will be a sad loss as I know I and I'm sure many of the rest of us had many a good night there....... :-(

soiiiiiii.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Soi Twilights Banana Bar to close March 29th

Let’s hope this is not another rumour like the ones on here about Nice Boys and Eros.

Be a shame if true.

Liked

They need all the money they can garner before leaving for the villages the following week to celebrate Songkran.

4. User who gave Like to post:

BonTong (March 20th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The information re the closing party ( pasted above) was posted by the owner of Hotmale bar opposite Banana Bar himself on his own personal facebook page, so unless he’s playing some very devious game or the owners have just decided just to try cash in every other week or month now with "closing parties" to make a few baht ( which I doubt) alas I think we can take this one as genuine unfortunately.

There’s a large comment thread running about it on his own Facebook page and one of his own comments when asked “why so sudden” was something along the lines of “I know, I’m broken, whilst we knew the Soi was winding down etc they weren't expecting to have to go anywhere near as soon as this but apparently money talks in this city ! :-(“. The clear implication being that their landlord has perhaps fucked them over and sold out from under them and so served notice way ahead of what they had been told to expect. I’ve no doubt that’s probably the case as I see they were just starting to send out and promote their songkran party messages reminding their loyal customers to come to the bar etc.

Thankfully he already has Banana Bar 2 in full operation in Soi 4 so he’ll not starve, but I think the immediacy of being kicked out of Soi Twilight has come as a bit of a shock to them. The scary thing now of course is that one WOULD have expected Banana bar etc to be one of the LAST closures in the Soi as it’s so small floor area wise etc, so if THEY now have been given their two week marching orders that doesn’t bode well for everywhere else on the Soi perhaps too :-(

Sad times if true as you say GF, but of course being Thailand who knows WHAT is true ! But we'll see I guess on the 31st of March - and closing party on the 29th don't forget if anyone if popping down ( and if you do maybe take a few pics for us all while you're there eh !?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I had what I knew would be my last drink in Banana in January. The guy who served me was aware that the end was near. Dinner at Dicks, followed by a beer in Banana....my traditional first evening in Bangkok. And both are gone. O tempus, o mores....
    I hope that the staff find employment in the Soi 4 bar.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    I had what I knew would be my last drink in Banana in January. The guy who served me was aware that the end was near. Dinner at Dicks, followed by a beer in Banana....my traditional first evening in Bangkok. And both are gone. O tempus, o mores....
    I hope that the staff find employment in the Soi 4 bar.
    The Soi 4 bar is wholly inside though, isn't it? It's done up like a high-class knocking shop. However, your traditional first evening in future can be Banana Bar on 4, dinner at Telephone or Balcony or any other of the half-dozen restaurants there, followed by a visit to the "sticky rice" gogo bar Jupiter

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    The Soi 4 bar is wholly inside though, isn't it?
    NO.
    It also has a large terrace with comfortable looking furniture.
    If you go early to soi 4 (about 17:30) you can see the boys, shirtless, erecting the outside terraces on many of the bars.
    Late at night, Banana on 4 seems to have many atraight coiples there.

Liked

Sad but inevitable. Have some good, fun and interesting memories of that place over many years. Was talking to a soi veteran a couple of months back and it was clear the end was near. Just a case of how quickly the lawyer/landlord games played out - Thai style.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    many atraight coiples there.
    Woops 'atraight coiples' = straight couples!
    Can't even blame fat fingers with small mobile phone ---- I was using a big boy's keyboard.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I didn't know Donald Trump was a board member.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

frequent (March 20th, 2019), Patanawet (March 21st, 2019)