Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thailand Visits - 3-4 months

Liked

Re: Thailand Visits - 3-4 months

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Just grab a double entry tourist VISA before you go to Thailand.
    I don't know about the US, but I don't believe the double entry tourist visa exists anymore from UK embassy. There is either a single entry 60 Day Tourist Visa, or a multiple entry (each entry 60 days) tourist visa with six month validity. The later has requirements like proof of funds in the bank and employment.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

2. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (February 14th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BonTong View Post
    I don't know about the US, but I don't believe the double entry tourist visa exists anymore from UK embassy. There is either a single entry 60 Day Tourist Visa, or a multiple entry (each entry 60 days) tourist visa with six month validity. The later has requirements like proof of funds in the bank and employment.
    Only single entry, 60 Day Tourist Visa, available from USA. Or a Multiple Entry Visa which, as mentioned above, requires you to leave and return every 60 days up to six months.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    My expected retirement is in 2-3 years.
    Then I advise you to ask again in 2-3 years. I promise you, the situation will be different in some way. Threads like this always turn up differences of opinion. That's not people being contentious. It is because the rules vary from consulate to consulate, from Immigration Office to Immigration Office, from Immigration Officer to Immigration Officer and from day to day resulting in individuals in similar circumstances having radically different experiences.
    You get used to it.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (February 14th, 2019), gerefan2 (February 14th, 2019), Smiles (February 15th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Wolzek View Post
    So many bad advice and incorrect info in this subject obviously has confused you. The advice you are referring to was mine. Francois suggested you get a tourist visa first. Which makes no sense if you want to stay 4 months but is better if you only want to stay 90 days.
    Ah. My appologies.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    Then I advise you to ask again in 2-3 years. I promise you, the situation will be different in some way. Threads like this always turn up differences of opinion. That's not people being contentious. It is because the rules vary from consulate to consulate, from Immigration Office to Immigration Office, from Immigration Officer to Immigration Officer and from day to day resulting in individuals in similar circumstances having radically different experiences.
    You get used to it.
    Thanks. I lived in China for 6 years and often visited Thailand and other SE Asian nations so I understand the consistent inconsistency of life in Asia (Sometimes).
    Asking these type of questions 2-3 years prior to retiring may seem silly to some..I like to think things through in advance and part of the process is I have a better idea of where to search for information and the type of questions to ask over the next couple of years. So even though the answers may change I have a better understanding of the process.
    I may or may not end up in the LOS. As I said 3-4 months a year seems idea to me but the experience of being a 3-4 month visitor is I suspect much different than being a 30 day visitor. It is an experience I may or may not like.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Actually I find 3 or 4 months much like 1 month. Eat, drink and sleep.

Now if I was there for a year then things might be different.

The other thing you need is a condo or house. I couldn't face 3 months in an hotel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

This is a great thread with many useful suggestions. Convivial and helpful without anyone being chastised for not using Google or being 'illiterate' or 'stupid' by frequent.

Just to clarify on a few terms:

The thirty-day stay that Singaporeans, Malaysians, Australians, Canadians, Americans, Brits, etc are granted on arrival is called a visa exemption and not a visa on arrival because citizens from countries that fall under the Visa Exemption Scheme are exempted from obtaining any kind visa if they want to stay for 30 days or less. The visa exemption pass, as you know, is free.

The visa on arrival is a visa that may be applied for by citizens of 21 countries including China, India and India (for purposes of tourism not exceeding 15 days) on arrival at any of Thailand's 42 international immigration checkpoints which includes Suvannaphum and Don Muang. They have to queue up, fill up forms, show tickets, provide photos and pay a fee of 2000Bt for the visa.

The single-entry tourist visa is meant for visitors who intend to stay in Thailand for 60 days or less and needs to be applied for in your home country or a Thai consulate in a neighbouring country. A fee is payable but it is free for us Singaporeans being citizens of Asean. This tourist visa can be extended within Thailand for another 30 days for a fee, allowing a visitor a total of 90 days stay.

To stay for 120 days, a visitor can use the tourist visa in the manner suggested above for 90 days, exit Thailand, have a short holiday-within-a holiday in a neighbouring country and then come back in for another 30 days on a visa exemption. Alternatively he or she can come in on a 60-day tourist visa, exit at the end of the 60 days, have a short holiday-within-a holiday in a neighbouring country while at the same time applying for another tourist visa valid for another 60 days at a Thai consulate in that neighbouring country. I think it takes only one or two working days to process. Singapore, Penang and Kuala Lumpur are popular destinations for a visa run. As kittyboy is a genuine tourist, having back-to-back tourist visas shouldn't be an issue.

10. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (February 17th, 2019), BonTong (February 16th, 2019), christianpfc (February 19th, 2019), Eddie (February 18th, 2019), francois (February 16th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Alternatively he or she can come in on a 60-day tourist visa, exit at the end of the 60 days, have a short holiday-within-a holiday in a neighbouring country while at the same time applying for another tourist visa valid for another 60 days at a Thai consulate in that neighbouring country. I think it takes only one or two working days to process. Singapore, Penang and Kuala Lumpur are popular destinations for a visa run.
    Vientiane, Laos, is also a popular place to get 60 day tourist Visa, at least for people in Chiang Mai.
    Chiang Mai Connoisseur - [url=http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/]www.gayinchiangmai.com[/url] and [url=http://www.bontong.com/]www.bontong.com[/url]

12. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (February 18th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by BonTong View Post
    Vientiane, Laos, is also a popular place to get 60 day tourist Visa, at least for people in Chiang Mai.
    Yes, Vientiane is a good choice if you would like to avoid a big city like Singapore or KL. I've never been but friends who have love it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    ...come on a 30 day visa waiver on arrival..get a 30 day extension then take a short trip out of the country.
    Airline might refuse to let you on the plane. That happened to me in Taipei with China Airlines. I didn't have a tourist visa, and my flight out of Thailand was just short of 60 days after entering, and I showed airline staff a printout of 30 day extension from internet and stamps in my passport that I have done this before, but at the end I had to buy a flight out out of Thailand within 30 days (that was refundable, but still there were financial losses) to get on board.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Asia Traveler (February 19th, 2019), BonTong (February 20th, 2019)