Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zac and friends.

Liked

Re: Zac and friends.

One could inadvertently drop cutlery in the space between the slates of the tables in the current orientation.

Liked

Monsieur arsenal headed down to Yupins for dinner. I half expected Looney Wombat to barge in and demand that as I was dining with neither Zac nor his friends I should be moved to the Everything Else section of the restaurant. But he didn't. Disappointed.

A mixed bag food wise. A starter menued as Salad Nicoise wasn't. Nicely presented but an inordinate amount of lettuce and raw onion rings with tomato, egg, choped olives and a little anchovy. No potato, no green beans and no tuna. It was ok but it was basically a plate of Sunday teatime salad.

Main course took a lift upwards. Nicely cooked red snapper and a subtle creamy saffron sauce served with grilled peppers, mushroom and aubergine was pretty good. The garnish of mainly shredded cabbage was undressed and so only served as a garnish.

Dessert was the Thai classic of sticky rice with mango and coconut cream. Little to get wrong here and it was duly delicious.

With a water the bill came to 430 baht which is a fair price and competitive for the area and with the three French based places near Tukcom.

I personally found the restaurant a little claustrophobic and it's long shape means everyone is right next to each other. They also keep the door closed which doesn't help.

Service was lovely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Very pretty indeed, all of the 1,138kcal meal.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Very pretty indeed, all of the 1,138kcal meal.
    3 calories per baht. About average!

Liked

Cuisine au Beurre is located in the soi next to Tuckom. It's French based but also offers Thai food.

A starter of terrine presented a brick of heavy choked meat on a totally unappetizing bed if shredded cabbage and carrot. Quite salty to taste it lacked even a nod towards style. A spoon of sweet corn relish and half the size would improve the eating and the bottom line. Grim beginnings.

Roast pork as a main course. Nicely cooked pork loin with good flavour and a moist texture garnished with a roasted onion and an apricot. No gravy so so not the real deal. Accompanied by bought frozen mixed diced vegetables.

Peach Melba (named after her, along with the thin toast and no need to post anything else on this thread about her as it's well covered elsewhere) Not much to get wrong here. It's peaches, vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce and that's what it was.

Service was ok and after 15 minutes of the waiter having a loud mobile conversation on speakerphone I asked him to stop which he duly did, and apologised.

360 baht for the food which is a little more than DD and LPP but coffee is included.
    Last edited by christianpfc; March 2nd, 2019 at 20:32. Reason: correct typo Cuisine au Buere -> Cuisine au Beurre

6. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (February 27th, 2019)

Liked

My last full night in Pattaya and my two offs from Nice Boys felt as if I'd saved the best until last. Different in style and personality but for the two hours they were with me they both gave the impression that it was their only ambition to make me happy.
    Boy number two insisted I thank him and tell him how wonderful he was in front of Bir. Which I gladly did and stole a couple of free kisses for the trouble.

Liked

Cafe Pitini is located a fair way down Soi Buakhao on the left if travelling from Daynight.

I've had breakfast there a few times and at 159 baht for the Full English it's quite a deal.

Tonight I had the Cottage Pie. 179 baht for a huge plateful of gravy covered deliciousness.
    Recommended.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Where are the beans?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

You can choose tomatoes or beans and hash brown or bubble and squeak.

Liked

Well my travelogue has been fun to write and the content covered awesome to do. 12 new boys plus 6 revisits, sometines twice is rather a good haul I think and each one pleased me in their own way.
    Nothing from me now until I'm back in Thailand. The legendary Arsenal has logged out.
    TTFN.